January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Looking at it, I think our club could have positives from going down. We'd be able to clear almost all of the deadwood and let the kids mature with less pressure. If Lambert is left in charge he'll have a chance to develop kids like he did at Norwich and keep the budget at a point where it's manageable.

Do you think its easy in the Championship. Its alot more physical and alot more pressure, cause no one wants to be there. There is no way we will have the chance to develop the kids. Most teams play for the game and not for the money in the championship!!!

"No doubt he had to work under restrictions but he made some poor decisions in the summer. Maybe instead of signing KEA and Bennett he could have got one good DM player." 

You can express you're naive anti-Lambert opinions, but don't try and tell someone that they're bad at their job, When someone like you has never and will never be put in that very same situation.

So we couldn't say, for instance, that Harold Shipman was a bad GP?

anything happened here at all? No loan rumors or something? :/

I heard a rumour that Randy has lent Lambert his Friends boxset but I'm not in the know, just what someone mentioned at the coffee machine at work.

Yeah going down to the championship is not what I would want! its not a walk in the park ask Forest or Leeds!!

Out team would struggle look at the Bradford and millwall games we would get dominated!

I can see Lerner saying there is little money if (when) we go down cause of the reduced income!!

Bad times ahead :(

Behave! - Sissoko's wages take his total cost to around £20m over four years.

Lambert enquired and would have loved to sign him

Plenty to criticise Lambert for, try and choose something that he's actually done wrong instead of things out of his control

£16.36m actually, assuming a 4 year contract and allowing for the transfer fee. Thats assuming the Toon have put him on a four year deal. I dont know the exact terms of the deal, perhaps you can enlighten me.

seems pretty reasonable for a player of his calibre to me, assuming he will play a big part in keeping them up, and will have 'sell-on' value that everyone seems to be obsessed with.

Your not Randy in disguise are you?

Why the **** do people keep spouting this bollox about going down will be good for us ?

How, in any way, shape or form can it be good ?

If you are in the Championship, you have 2 objectives.

1, not to go in League 1

2. to get ptomoted to the premiership.

At the moment, we are in the premiership!!!!!

Why the **** would we want to go down to come back to where we are already ??

We need to stay up...full **** stop.

We can get rid of our dross while in the prem, we do not need to go down to do it.

I would rather have 2 or 3 more years treading water in the prem, but staying in there while we 'supposedly' sort our finances out, than spend 1 single year in the championship.

Agree so much with this.

I think the 2 or 3 who have no problem with it can't bring themselves to complain about an owner they've backed so long and it gives them an option to have a go at any fans who aren't happy.

"Pro Lambert thoughts"  and where are these so called thoughts? 

So no one can comment on professional sports if you haven't been involved in professional sports.

Why don't you start your own forums with this policy and let us know how it goes.

I predict big things.

I don't know what is available out there so this is pure financial conjecture;

but buying one solid DM, let's say for a £5m transfer fee on wages of £40k for 3.5 years = total cost of £12m. That's a £12m maximum loss (in the situation that said player would run out contract and leave on a free)

This £12m could very well be the difference between staying up and going down. £12m that if we stay up will be recuperated in extra revenue from the TV money in 1 year alone. This sort of business would have to equate to a calculated risk that's worth taking.

So no one can comment on professional sports if you haven't been involved in professional sports.

Why don't you start your own forums with this policy and let us know how it goes.

I predict big things.

Ok and you can let me know how things are going in primary school  :)

QPR agree a deal for Chris Samba, activating his release clause. That's another player we could really do with in our team. A leader, a beast from set pieces, defending and attacking. Absolutely massive!

Wouldn't be able to afford his wages demands, Randy isn't willing to pay them anymore.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

If we get any firm offers for Bent we should snap they're hand off. Just so we can strengthen midfield. I honestly believe with abit more quality in the middle we'd start to see the back line smarten it self out. Defense have little options with the ball and no protection without it.

I don't know what is available out there so this is pure financial conjecture;

but buying one solid DM, let's say for a £5m transfer fee on wages of £40k for 3.5 years = total cost of £12m. That's a £12m maximum loss (in the situation that said player would run out contract and leave on a free)

This £12m could very well be the difference between staying up and going down. £12m that if we stay up will be recuperated in extra revenue from the TV money in 1 year alone. This sort of business would have to equate to a calculated risk that's worth taking.

We can all see this.. it's a certain Yank that apparently chooses to ignore that. His issue being what if he spends the money & we go down anyway? Then we are in an even worse position.. So it "appears" that the idea is we try to stay up with what we've got otherwise........!!

With the games we have left there are just about enough "winnable" games left for us to by the skin of our teeth survive.. The Newcastle game was our only room for error & very unsurprisingly we lost...(again) now we have 8 "winnable" games left & we need 6 wins from those... Not gonna happen whether we sign a DM or not in my opinion & it appears Randy decided this weeks ago too hence the "fear" to invest / increase the wages.

Add to this of course that not that many decent players appear to be available & of those who are why the heck would they come here ahead of say Newcastle? Sissoko being a case in point!

Add to that we can forget poaching any players off the 8 or so teams around us as why would they strengthen us when they may stay up at our expense?

All over bar the shouting i fear.