January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

We're assuming they'll make the exact same mess as it. They may reach a point a cut wages in a sensible manner and staying up with the new tv deal will certainly help.

At the end of the day i don't give a shit about the long term problems QPR may or may not have. Them spending this summer will make it harder for us to stay up. That's all I care about.

Until they win another game. I'm not worried by QPR at all.

Edited by The_Steve

They beat Chelsea last week and just drew to spurs.

We lost both those games letting in 12 goals.

I rephrased. We are still 5 points above them. Unless they catch us up maybe I'll worry. I'm confident they won't. I do think we will get some players in this month. We'll get out this mess.

No need to rush Villa

:) Its very frustrating isn't it. I actually don't think we are too far away from being half decent. I think had we have as soon as the window opened signed a good quality experienced centre half and a quality defensive centre midfielder then we'd now be 3 points better off and be taking a lead into the second leg of the semi final.

Edited by markavfc40

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

Yes I do think there will be signings this month. Who and when and at what price is something #avfc are still working on...

I wonder if working on means Lerner has had a 5th change of mind in the last 12 days and has once again decided that we need major investment to survive. Of course come Tuesday I fully expect the position to revert to Scrooge McDuck once again.

We're not down yet.... Karma!

Seriously though Lerner and co. have to act now if they haven't given up yet...

If I we're manager I would at least try and talk with any of these (I know I'm dreaming):

Joel Obi - Central midfielder, Inter Milan ~£6'000'000

Bruno - Central defensive midfielder, Villareal ~£6'500'000

Alex Sandro - Left back, Fc Porto ~£4'000'000

Dede - Centre back, Vasco da Gama ~£5'000'000

Bonus:

Mauro Zàrate - Striker, Lazio Roma ~£6'000'000

Arturo Vidal - Central defensive midfielder, Juventus ~£12'000'000

Keisuke Honda - Central offensive midfielder, CSKA Moscow ~£9'000'000

Christian Eriksen - Central offensive midfielder, Ajax Amsterdam ~13'000'000

Mario Balotelli - Striker, Man. City (Season loan) :D

Of course this isn't fantasy football but if we want to stay up we can't save money on players...

Maybe one day Randy will wake up and think: "Shit, I have to do something quick! Where is my credit card?"

Then again I don't know which one of these would want to come to Villa...

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

I reckon we will sign a couple on permanent transfers and more akin to what PL bought in the summer. Cavanda and Stephens? Also a one or two on loan may be a reo Coker palacios or huddlestone...

You're now more optimistic than you were last night, is it because you have an insight?

ive been banging on about huddlestone for 3 weeks now..funny how he was not good enough then but ffs he better than whats on offer now,i said we needed charlie adam..again hes not good enough.. i guess were all over the **** moon this sunday

No what I said before on Stephens still stands. I won't hear anymore on that transfer not least until most of us hear it in the papers etc. From being quite open of a move being close he is now keeping his mouth shut. It's still on no doubt about that. When it will happen is another question.

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

Yes I do think there will be signings this month. Who and when and at what price is something #avfc are still working on...

villa are missing a trick here with this twitter thing and journos, it would just give us fans more confidence in the club if they got kendrick to tweet that SIGNINGS ARE ON THE WAY and lambert and lerner can see were in the shit and were making inroads into a solution. we need a statement of intent.

Its clear if we dont sign anyone we will be relegated, its as simple as that.

If we sign a few then we may still be relegated but at least give it a go.

Its a balancing act, as we cannot just sign anyone, we have some experience in ireland and zog that are doing **** all so it needs to be the right characters.

Fancy dan football manager players are not going to get us out of the shit (or come in the first place), experience hard workers are. I dont rate him but someone like Henry at Wolves, does the dirty stuff and has experience.

If we sign nobody than Lerner has accepted relegation. Surely he knows about the tv deal, staying in the league this season means a bumper pay off the team finishing 17th this season will get the same amount of TV money that City got last season!!!

Its worth the gamble, but not a gamble that if we take it and fail that it threatens the existence of the club and we tumble further and further.