January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Sky Sports Website:

Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho has been linked with a move to the Premier League this month, with Aston Villa and Southampton rumoured to be interested. Reports in Italy now claim that Inter have rejected an €8million (£6.7m) offer from Liverpool for Coutinho and the Reds could make an improved offer next week.

in addition as well, which a few now will probably swear at their laptops, but if money wasnt an issue, and we could afford a couple of CMs, id drop westwood as well, hes good, but not brilliant, he too is a little weedy

in addition as well, which a few now will probably swear at their laptops, but if money wasnt an issue, and we could afford a couple of CMs, id drop westwood as well, hes good, but not brilliant, he too is a little weedy

No, he keeps the ball moving and playing ticking over. Yes we need a big strong DM next to him (which we all already know), but the midfield disappears completely when Westwood isn't playing (e.g. Bradford). He's usually one of our key players, consistent but never spectacular. We'd have to buy a whole new top 6 standard midfield before I'd think about dropping him.

Sky Sports Website:

Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho has been linked with a move to the Premier League this month, with Aston Villa and Southampton rumoured to be interested. Reports in Italy now claim that Inter have rejected an €8million (£6.7m) offer from Liverpool for Coutinho and the Reds could make an improved offer next week.

So Liverpool want him but he'll come to Villa.

Unfortunately, no chance. Not without Harry and his dodgy bungs.

Vlaar has always been injury prone. I cannot see him getting to the end of this season without missing games through injury. He is going to be worked a lot playing in a back three like that as well. Going until the end of the season without a new CB is a big gamble by Lerner.

Likewise Baker, Herd, Albrighton, Gardner, Delph, Clark they all seem to be out injured more often than they are fit, ok Clark's fitness so far has held up it's just his game that hasn't.

Clark isn't good enough to be a centre half but is a good DM (imo) this is where he should be playing.

If we don't make any signings this window I fear the worst.

We've been saying this for three seasons. It's always this poor near the bottom, were just not used to it.

absolutely and when you're a struggling team as we are then you're in and around the bottom 5 and tend to lose a few games, something else we aren't used to it seems

It is frustrating that we so desperately, and obviously, need a player who can win the ball in midfield. Look at their first goal yesterday, Lowton chased a player around the pitch and didn't tackle him, found himself out of position and the space was exploited. That wouldn't happen if we had someone in front of the defence who can do the dirty work. This happens too often, we just don't have a player who can win the ball and it is baffling that it hasn't been sorted out yet.

Aaron Ramsey? Always on the bench for Arsenal

I was thinking exactly the same thing, but he is one of those names that they wouldn't let go I bet.

How on earth can Lerner not see himself that we need a ball winner.

If he drops $10m on a big guy (and we need a back up) it would 100% keep us up.

So how much would that be worth?

Fingers crossed Lambert is waiting till the end of the window to get better prices, but does that not bring the new player's hunger & loyalty into question?