January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Surely we have such a character in Richard Dunne. Could turn out to be a vital player for us this season strangely enough.

Scott Parker would be a good call.

Agree about Dunne - Ive said on numerous occasions his return to the team late last season helped us massivley.

A bit simplistic I know, but I see only two criteria for buying players:

a. He's an establishedl player who's better than we've got already and will immediately improve the team.

b. He's a young player who will become better than those we have already got.

I think we need some from category "a".

I'm not a fan of buying players just to bulk up the squad.

Will anybody other than myself be disappointed if we sign robbie keane again in january

I know he did well last time but shouldn't we be looking at better younger players abroad i'd like to see this new german scouting network do something

• Like 1

As much as like to have young players in the team, I like the fact were are in the premier league more, therefore I fully support Robbie Keane's return, Mr Beckham can come too!

Of topic, is anyone aware of any Ref Stat tables? Or linesmen / persons / referee's assistant...

I would love to see if anyone tracks these horrid decisions every week.

It would be useful to know a ref's correct decision ratio.

Or a horrid decision corrected league table.

These refs must be held accountable. This is a multi million pound business that rests on a bunch corrupt leaders (FIFA) and under equipped Refs. If they want to be center of attention, let them get 15 mins in front of the cameras after the game, not during...

• Like 1

As much as like to have young players in the team, I like the fact were are in the premier league more, therefore I fully support Robbie Keane's return, Mr Beckham can come too!

Two wily veterans who can create and score goals? Yes please.

Milner or Downing or both back on loan.

Ashley Young back on loan ? As his days at ManUre are numbered

Looks like Downing is going back to Boro on loan...With Nani injured, Ferguson won't be loaning Young out...Milner would be the most likely, but still not very likely at all.

Milner or Downing or both back on loan.

Ashley Young back on loan ? As his days at ManUre are numbered

What? Young is a big part of United's team, he has been injured for a long while and needs time to come back. 24 league games last season and 6 goals, some of them great as well. Great player that offer something else than Valencia, Kagawa, Nani and Welbeck etc.

With the state of our squad, thanks to Lerner's terrible ownership, I think the summer backing was quite pathetic.

It basically was enough to make sure we weren't guaranteed relegation and to at least give us a chance. That's while he was negotiating a $1 billion deal for himself.

While sitting in 18th place are you really going to argue that it was significant backing?

Is the season over? Have we gone through January already? Of course we haven't

Paul Lambert was given funds to get players he wanted in positions he wanted for the plan he has. He was backed, with more than just a token, with £20M more than a lot of clubs in our league.

He will be backed again in January and in terms of determining whether or not that backing has been sufficient or successful I'm afraid it is a little premature to be saying one way or the other

But what you can say, quite categorically, is that he was indeed backed, and will be again

• Like 1

Paul Lambert was given funds to get players he wanted in positions he wanted for the plan he has. He was backed, with more than just a token, with £20M more than a lot of clubs in our league.

He will be backed again in January and in terms of determining whether or not that backing has been sufficient or successful I'm afraid it is a little premature to be saying one way or the other

But what you can say, quite categorically, is that he was indeed backed, and will be again

Great! I love seeing you post on here Richard. Somehow I tend to always believe you nowadays!

Richard,

Big John seems to think that Randy's personal wealth is the property of Aston Villa and should only be be spent on the Villa.

Spending 20 million is being backed in my book. Though I might be too old now and do not understand the price of things. Mars bars were 10p in my day you know

The voice of reason.

£20 million for 7 players is hardly a lot and is hardly going to buy quality playeds and low wages isn't going to do anything to help that.

Quite clearly it's not enough because we currently sit in 18th position. And i don't remember you mentioning January when predicting big spending in the summer. I believe Lerner will spend in January, he has no choice. He can't allow his investment to be relegated.

Wether we see anything other than spending what's required to just survive is another question.

£20 million for 7 players is hardly a lot and is hardly going to buy quality playeds and low wages isn't going to do anything to help that.

Quite clearly it's not enough because we currently sit in 18th position. And i don't remember you mentioning January when predicting big spending in the summer. I believe Lerner will spend in January, he has no choice. He can't allow his investment to be relegated.

Wether we see anything other than spending what's required to just survive is another question.

I sort of see your point but regarding not being able to buy quality players with the sort of money we spent in the summer didn't Newcastle spend £20m on Ba (Free), Tiote (£4.5m), Cabaye (£4.5m), Ben Arfa (£6m) and Santon (£5m)? It can get you quality if you know where to look for it.

If our scouting network can unearth some gems like the ones Newcastle have signed it would certainly help. For the record I think Benteke, Vlaar and Lowton are 3 very good purchases. Still undecided on Westwood, Bennett, Bowery and KEA mind.