Ashley Young

maqroll

Fantastic signing and he's still quick, He's burning El Ghazi for pace in a Sprint in the dean Smith video today on the os.

Having lost two big characters in Jack and JT, Ash and Ings will go a long way to replacing that dressing room prescense.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 2

Look I know it was only a training season and I’m not daft enough to take an awful lot from it, but watching him today down VP he looked just like the guy that left all those years ago. 

When he signed I thought great back up in the fullback position, but just watching him today makes me think we might see him more often than I initially thought. Not suggesting he’ll start week in week out, but he isn’t a “emergency only” guy like Elmo or Taylor. 

He looks for as a fiddle and still has that class. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Look I know it was only a training season and I’m not daft enough to take an awful lot from it, but watching him today down VP he looked just like the guy that left all those years ago. 

When he signed I thought great back up in the fullback position, but just watching him today makes me think we might see him more often than I initially thought. Not suggesting he’ll start week in week out, but he isn’t a “emergency only” guy like Elmo or Taylor. 

He looks for as a fiddle and still has that class. 

Reckon he could start at LW? 

Traore, Bailey and Buendia all prefer the right. Ings and Ollie both prefer the middle. Who else is there bar El Ghazi?

Especially as Buendia has a knock, Bailey nowhere to be seen and Ings has only just arrived… it does make me wonder if Ash could start the season there. 

He has the stats of a winger rather than a full back from last season anyway, wouldn't be much of a shift for him to start left wing for us. 

I think we'd have to play a 523 of some description for him to play full back, and just don't see that being a go to option except if we're trying to change a game.  Will be nice to have that option though this season. 

Didn’t see the game. Please tell me he cut in off the wing and curled into the far top corner! 🤤 

I hope that emoji isn’t banned on this site after the furore during the week

This squad had an obvious need for a veteran presence and so far Ashley has been exactly that.

Consummate professional and obviously some left in the tank.

If he's fit enough he's good enough, we all know that. The only reason he didn't stay at Manyoo is because they played Rashford left side attack and Shaw at left back. 

Funny how after he left us we pretty much replaced him with Jack. Jack leaves and now Ash might be getting that spot in the team back. He would also be a better threat from free kicks and would take better corners too. 

14 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

If he's fit enough he's good enough, we all know that. The only reason he didn't stay at Manyoo is because they played Rashford left side attack and Shaw at left back. 

Funny how after he left us we pretty much replaced him with Jack. Jack leaves and now Ash might be getting that spot in the team back. He would also be a better threat from free kicks and would take better corners too. 

Well Jack Debut was 3 years later but this guys was hardly a replacement 

BECC6E89-4F24-4D65-B1D0-7EA09AD390C0.jpeg.56bdc7dffdc52665ec71ee139b1a6dac.jpeg

• Like 1

Â