Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

People are desperate to talk them signing Rodrigo down, but last in 27 La Liga games last season he was directly involved in thirteen goals, four goals and nine assists, in the champions league he had another two assists and two more goals, the season before that in La Liga in 33 games he scored eight and asssted six, scored another three in Europe and asssted two more, and season before that in La Liga he scored sixteen and asssted seven.

On top of that he has twenty-two caps for the Spanish national team, scoring eight goals, as much as some might not like Leeds, Rodrigo is an high profile signing for them with pedigree at the highest level of the game and they're showing ambition. You can bet if we were signing this player there would be a lot of exitement about how ambitious we were being.

Partly agree, good signing for them but a lot of money and a long contract for a 29 y.o with a dodgy knee. 

While a good player he's exactly the type of signings I hope we don't make due to age, length of contract, injuries and fee. Potentially a good signing but a massive gamble.

But I guess he passed his medical so if he stays fit he will be useful for them.

• Like 1

I personally would prefer Watkins out of the two as I think he will surprise a lot of people and is more what we need, but that doesn't take away what a good player Rodrigo is. That said I still think they're going to need another three of four quality additions to avoid being in a relegation battle, so this signing alone won't make the difference.

• Like 2

It's an interesting signing. He's a quality player, but I personally wouldn't want us to invest in that. For two reasons more than anything else:

1) I'm really unsure how he'd handle the physical aspect of the PL. 

2) There’s no resale value there. 

And then there's the injury bit. 

But will be interesting to see how it works out. 

6 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

4 league goals in 27 appearances, he'd be slated if that was his record here 

El Ghazi, Jack, Trezeguet and Wesley all equalled or bettered that last season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think Leeds aim to try and out score the opposition next season. It’s not sustainable but it will be entertaining either way. 

Agreed. Trying to score more than oppo is never sustainable. It's an abysmal strategy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think Leeds aim to try and out score the opposition next season. It’s not sustainable but it will be entertaining either way. 

I know what you're trying to say here mate, but what you've actually said . . .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed. Trying to score more than oppo is never sustainable. It's an abysmal strategy.

Some really strange assumptions on here. We had the best defence in the league. Sign one striker and people think you're going to play some wacky 2-3-5. Issues have always been a reliance on Hernandez to cut teams open. Rodrigo should go some way to helping that.

Â