Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I swear people hear/read a foreign name, big money and they assume it's a great signing. 

Is it because of football manager? I honestly wonder if you've seen these players play more than 45 minutes. 

Ive never heard of him

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I swear people hear/read a foreign name, big money and they assume it's a great signing. 

Is it because of football manager? I honestly wonder if you've seen these players play more than 45 minutes. 

Yep regularly watch Serie A so know all about De Paul.

He was at Valencia a few years back but struggled for game time and it was that chaotic period under Neville.

Udinese was a great move for him. 7 goals in Serie A last season plus similar number of assists so similar numbers to Grealish. Been a regular in Argentine squad for last 18 months and I'd say a move playing for Leeds would really boost his profile as they screen every Leeds game live over there.

Just feels to me like the profile of players we should be after by now. 26, played in Spain and Italy and regular for one of the better international teams around. Udinese are selling club but they probably won't demand much more than what Brentford want for whoever we want from them.

Better player than Rashica aswell imo.

3 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Looks like they're signing Di Paul for £30m - £75m spent in less than a week.

Odds on the chips-on-gravy loving, flat-cap wearing, whippet-walking media not mentioning them doing a Fulham?

Why would they? Converted 2 loans from last season into permanents. Extended another loan for a year. Signed 3 young players that are unlikely to break in to the first team just yet. Signed a Koch to replace white & signed an additional striker in Rodrigo if we sign Di Paul he’s a 10 that we’ve never replaced since Saiz left. So that’s really only 3 players & 1 of the players in Koch was a necessity due to losing white. It’s not like we’ve ripped our team up like both you & Fulham did, that was the criticism that was levelled at Fulham, they just did away with the team that got them up. Leeds aren’t breaking the team up. Just adding here & there 

Edited by BigRed

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep regularly watch Serie A so know all about De Paul.

Better player than Rashica aswell imo.

If you are up to date on him, why do you even compare him to Rashica? One of my friends is from Udine and afaik De Paul is a CM. Rashica is not.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

6 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Why would they? Converted 2 loans from last season into permanents. Extended another loan for a year. Signed 3 young players that are unlikely to break in to the first team just yet. Signed a Koch to replace white & signed an additional striker in Rodrigo if we sign Di Paul he’s a 10 that we’ve never replaced since Saiz left. So that’s really only 3 players & 1 of the players in Koch was a necessity due to losing white. It’s not like we’ve ripped our team up like both you & Fulham did, that was the criticism that was levelled at Fulham, they just did away with the team that got them up. Leeds aren’t breaking the team up. Just adding here & there 

Your answer here actually strengthens the point we're making - we didn't tear up a team, we came up without a squad - we had about nine professionals. We built from nothing and it was really the only thing we could do. It was reported as some sort of spending splurge for glory. Yours sounds like sensible spending to me - the difference is whether it will be reported as that or as some sort of mad transfer binge.

In all honesty, any team that comes up and isn't spending a lot of money is likely planning not to stick around.

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If you are up to date on him, why do you even compare him to Rashica? One of my friends is from Udine and afaik De Paul is a CM. Rashica is not.

He can drift out wide aswell, similar to Jack who many (apart from Southgate it seems) would class him as a number 10/central attacking player.

29 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Because "doing a Fulham" was a shit lazy tag thrown at the villa because Fulham spent money following promotion and then villa spent money following promotion, Leeds are currently spending money following promotion

The how, why and what's of it all were completely ignored 

Our spending was very different to Fulham, Leeds spending is different to ours 

The response to it is different too, we were panned for it, Leeds won't be

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He can drift out wide aswell, similar to Jack who many (apart from Southgate it seems) would class him as a number 10/central attacking player.

That I'll agree with, but from the very limited stuff I've seen from Rashica, he is a completely different player. I'd never class Grealish as a CM mind, but that's beside the point. 

What Leeds are doing isn't comparable to what either we or Fulham did upon promotion, what they're doing is more comparable to what Wolves did when they were promoted, signing players with a decent pedigree in Europe's top leagues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRed said:

Where were you when you were shit, wheeerreee were you when you were shit?? 🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigRed said:

Which is not dissimilar to what we had to do last summer due to player departures but that was deemed “doing a Fulham” yet nobody is saying it re Leeds.

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Which is not dissimilar to what we had to do last summer due to player departures but that was deemed “doing a Fulham” yet nobody is saying it re Leeds.

Because Leeds have Bielsa the greatest manager in the history of everything yet Smith, Wilder, Farke, Wagner etc done more in recent times 

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty tired statement that. It's so much easier to watch games from around the world now than ever before.

Makes our recruitment over the last few years even more annoying. No vision at all.

So have you seen De Paul play much?

I have. He's absolutely fantastic. Would be a great signing for Man Utd, forget Leeds. Be remarkable if he goes there.

Koch is brilliant for £13m. Everyone will be after him in two years.

Young Croatian lad they're now after meant to be immense for his age as well, not seen him myself.

Rodrigo for £30m is steep but they've gone big in a position you need someone who won't shit themselves when the pressure is on. Perhaps they don't want to be stuck with no strikers like we were until January.

No surprise at all with their statsbomb link up their signings are on point. Hopefully we produce as well in the next two weeks.

Be very surprised if they're lower than 12th. I think we'll have had a great season to finish above them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

More Leeds fans finding the login details again 😂😂

This is indeed very funny.

Do Villa fans go on other forums and post there? Wtf is it about! Mess off to your own site and post there.

We've got Brentford, Everton, Liverpool fans posting in villa topics about villa regularly. Weird.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is indeed very funny.

Do Villa fans go on other forums and post there? Wtf is it about! Mess off to your own site and post there.

We've got Brentford, Everton, Liverpool fans posting in villa topics about villa regularly. Weird.

I like when some fans come here that show respect at least, bit of banter is fine. Some of the Wolves fans are fine considering the club rivalry, and alot of other fans are good too. The ones jumping into have a go are just sad

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

More Leeds fans finding the login details again 😂😂

Amazing how they all managed to lose their login details after Derby put 4 past them at Elland Road :D

Â