Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Klichs headbutt was as much of a red card as Hourihanes. It wasn't one. Although funny reading the same Leeds fans defend it after calling the EFL to punish Conor.

I.thought Leeds were excellent, they had a depleted squad and still stuck to their game and outplayed derby. I think it'd be a tough one to beat them IF we both got through to Wembley. Anything can happen on the day though. 

Unfortunately Derby and ourselves aren't an Ipswich or a Wigan where they expect to come and win. Against the top sides Leeds always turn up 

I think I will worry about Leeds if and when we get to Wembley. Thought they were the best side in the championship when they came to Villa Park but they will fear us more than we fear them. 

All said and done Leeds are a very good team on their day. Well managed and tough competitors. I think we have the edge skill wise but we need to match their desire

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think I will worry about Leeds if and when we get to Wembley. Thought they were the best side in the championship when they came to Villa Park but they will fear us more than we fear them. 

Not too sure about that, maybe the fans but not the players.

Bielsa is excellent to install the right mentality into his players. None of the teams players would fear eachother, it's 2 evenly matched teams and the game could go either way.

Edited by villalad21

3 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

To be fair - Thats pretty smart/witty... especially for a bunch of Leeds fans...

Not hard for them to come up with it, Leeds created songs for fans and actually offer a service where the words removed go on other forums and write songs for other fans. Wonderful service. 

9 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Klichs headbutt was as much of a red card as Hourihanes. It wasn't one. Although funny reading the same Leeds fans defend it after calling the EFL to punish Conor.

I.thought Leeds were excellent, they had a depleted squad and still stuck to their game and outplayed derby. I think it'd be a tough one to beat them IF we both got through to Wembley. Anything can happen on the day though. 

Unfortunately Derby and ourselves aren't an Ipswich or a Wigan where they expect to come and win. Against the top sides Leeds always turn up 

That headbutt was Zidane-esque. It's only because Tomori didn't go to ground that it wasn't seen as a red card. These kinds of things are what encourage players to play act a bit. Otherwise the dude who **** headbutted you for no reason won't get properly punished.

23 hours ago, Xela said:

As I was bored earlier I had a quick look at a Leeds forum. They are fixated with this notion the EFL are fixing it for Villa to get promoted and we are a bunch of diving cheats and Grealish is massively overrated. It is EXACTLY the same kind of garbage that you read from obsessed small heath fans. They are peas in a shitty knuckle dragging pod. 

I did the same thing on a swedish leeds forum. One guy had watched the highlights from our game and called us cheating scums I could only ask myself when the hell fif we cheat against wba? Gtealish didn't dive, that was a penalty without a doubt. They didn't even complain. Steer didn't act to get Gayle sent off. That was a stupid and reckless challenge, studs up. They could've/should've got a penalty on Abraham, but that's not exactly cheating. I just couldn't get my head around it. Didn't ask.

Well, another one said Grealish was diving for the penalty and that it never was a penalty, but I guess only a leeds fan could say that was a fair tackle. That was after all very much how they won their titles in the 60's/70's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wednesday they are playing. No strikers that's a blow for them. Best chance Derby will get 

Bamford is back - had a 2 game suspension (Ipswich, first leg against Derby).

Â