Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Over the years I’ve always kind of wanted Leeds to go back up to the Prem. After yesterday I hope they never get promoted and languish for decades to come. Dirty cheating players, small time SHA-esque brain dead mongoloid ‘everyone hates us’ fans celebrating their dirty ways at the match and on social media. Horrible thug attitude pervading that club.

Just behind Small Heath now as my second hated club. Absolute scum. As a city, as a club: **** Leeds. Divs.

• Like 3

Loved watching Leeds growing up, probably my season favorite team to watch as they had a lot of young exciting players and played kamikaze football. I was young, I knew nothing of their history or reputation. I just liked what I saw, and that team spoke to me.

Kewell was just world class, Smith was a spikey character that gave zero **** that mirrored 14 year old me, Viduka had a touch of class, Woodgate was just a rolls royce, Bowyer up and down giving everything, Harte was always great for a wonder goal.

But now though, now that club can go burn to the ground.

..not that I am fickle or ought.

Not sure where the Leeds/Bamford hate is coming from, Leeds effectively apologized for the whole fracas by letting us score (and costing themselves automatic promotion in the process).

The referee, on the other hand...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, legov said:

Not sure where the Leeds/Bamford hate is coming from, Leeds effectively apologized for the whole fracas by letting us score (and costing themselves automatic promotion in the process).

The referee, on the other hand...

Exactly.

Bamford should NOT have gone down clutching his face, and it'll probably define his career, much like Rivaldo's is now him clutching his face vs Turkey in the 2002 World Cup, but without an ounce of the talent Rivaldo had.

But to say "they should have kicked it out", when they don't HAVE to kick it out, is silly.  

But ultimately, it is down to the ref, and he was the weakest (along with his linesmen) thing in the whole stadium.  

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Exactly.

Bamford should NOT have gone down clutching his face, and it'll probably define his career, much like Rivaldo's is now him clutching his face vs Turkey in the 2002 World Cup, but without an ounce of the talent Rivaldo had.

But to say "they should have kicked it out", when they don't HAVE to kick it out, is silly.  

But ultimately, it is down to the ref, and he was the weakest (along with his linesmen) thing in the whole stadium.  

I dont think the issue is kicking it out. Was the Leeds player indicating to Villa players dont tackle him as game would be stopped. Elmo and somebody stopped pressing him and he played a through ball

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But I don't think many people ARE saying they SHOULD have kicked it out.

Like I keep saying, if they had just carried on playing then there wouldn't be the uproar.

It was the making it look like they were going to kick it out and THEN carrying on that has got peoples' backs up.

And we would have been in our rights to feel aggrieved had they gone on to score - which they did. But then they apologized for it by letting us score.

So I really don't get the hate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, legov said:

And we would have been in our rights to feel aggrieved had they gone on to score - which they did. But then they apologized for it by letting us score.

Did you not see Bamford ridiculous dive, Jansson trying to stop the goal. 

Just now, legov said:

I think most of the hate is towards the fans who are reacting as if it was a perfectly fine thing to do.

Plus the way Leeds acted all game was disgusting. Booting players around the park, the Bamford incident and then the goal.

It's just a culmination of things.

If it had been a normal game, the goal happened and they gave it back then I don't think there would be the hate. But the atmosphere by then was already really tense so it just boiled over.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But I don't think many people ARE saying they SHOULD have kicked it out.

Like I keep saying, if they had just carried on playing then there wouldn't be the uproar.

It was the making it look like they were going to kick it out and THEN carrying on that has got peoples' backs up.

I agree mate, I outline my reasons why in my admittedly, lengthy first post about it.

I think the player probably got pressured by the crowd to keep it live, the guy who scored knew what he'd done - watch the footage.  You're absolutely right the body language is the issue - we stopped because of that - then they carried on.  

It's my point, that it should be been the REF and his linesmen that said "listen, we know you could have carried on, but you feigned to put it out, but then didn't - that's unsporting" and being unsporting, is a large **** rule in the rule book.  

but I don't think any malice was intended by either of the Leeds players.  I'm not even sure Jansson or whatever he's called knew what the **** was going on :lol:  

The Ref lost control - big time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I think most of the hate is towards the fans who are reacting as if it was a perfectly fine thing to do.

Plus the way Leeds acted all game was disgusting. Booting players around the park, the Bamford incident and then the goal.

It's just a culmination of things.

Yeah good point - I didn't actually watch the match so wasn't too involved in the moment.

Looking at it post-match the Leeds hate is way OTT - yes Bamford is a **** but Bielsa wasn't obliged to give a goal away. Surely he (and Leeds) have to be commended for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legov said:

Yeah good point - I didn't actually watch the match so wasn't too involved in the moment.

I did consider asking if you watched it. Not a criticism that you didn't, just that it was a very tetchy atmosphere and it probably doesn't come across in the highlights or just watching the goal in isolation.

The issue is we (wrongly) kicked it out for them. 

As soon as we do that, they really should do it for us too.

Everything after that just compounded my disgust of their behaviour.

Bielsa, fair enough. Another one I liked was Berardi. He looked angry at Klich and at Jansson.

So that was the game where neither club had anything to play for (yes had Leeds won 10-0 they'd have an outside chance of automatic)

Be interesting to see the intensity level if we face off again in the play off's :D

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can I just say, Elland Road is an absolute shit tip too. 

that one stand is really impressive, not sure what the inside is like or the facilities etc

but that's where it ends, the rest is shit with some really outdated parts

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The issue is we (wrongly) kicked it out for them. 

As soon as we do that, they really should do it for us too.

Everything after that just compounded my disgust of their behaviour.

Bielsa, fair enough. Another one I liked was Berardi. He looked angry at Klich and at Jansson.

I think its wrong to leave it in the players hands to kick it out. If the ref deems it necessary to stop the game because the injury  is bad enough that's what he should do. Forget the fair play stuff. 

Edited by PaulC

Â