Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Just now, Zatman said:

They wont be hiring an ex Man Utd player

I wouldn’t have thought so either but he’s doing very well at the moment and is probably catching the eye of a few clubs.  I agree unlikely for Leeds though. 

Not that it's worth anything but Carrick is from Boros neck of the woods isn't he?

And based on reading their forum to see how archers doing they're playing really good football, catching sheff utd would take some doing and forget catching Burnley so it's the lottery of the playoffs vs the risk of Leeds going down

Easy to say but if I was him I'd want that promotion with boro

• Like 1

Can't see an in work championship manager walking out at this time to join them.

When I look at their squad I think Hasenhuttl would be a decent choice, probably got more quality in key areas than what he had at Southampton and he's been out of the game for four months so should be refreshed and would keep them up ahead of Southampton. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At least they bought a load of Americans and RB players before booting him

Exactly. Kind of a badly run club TBH, I see people trying to insist that actually this was the club's strategy but come on, pull the other one, it just so happened that all the best players for the club were either American and/or Red Bull products?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Exactly. Kind of a badly run club TBH, I see people trying to insist that actually this was the club's strategy but come on, pull the other one, it just so happened that all the best players for the club were either American and/or Red Bull products?

Aaronson and Adams were both decent signings and won't be on huge wages. 

McKennie is just a loan deal so if he fails to impress, which wouldn't surprise me, they aren't on the hook.

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Aaronson and Adams were both decent signings and won't be on huge wages. 

McKennie is just a loan deal so if he fails to impress, which wouldn't surprise me, they aren't on the hook.

Hmmm, agree that Adams is a decent signing but Aaronsen looks like a complete flop so far. But my broader point is that these guys certainly look to have been brought in because of an expectation that they would play a particular style of football with a manager that some of them were personally familiar with, so it will be 'interesting' to see how flexible they prove to be if the new guy has a different philosophy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hmmm, agree that Adams is a decent signing but Aaronsen looks like a complete flop so far. But my broader point is that these guys certainly look to have been brought in because of an expectation that they would play a particular style of football with a manager that some of them were personally familiar with, so it will be 'interesting' to see how flexible they prove to be if the new guy has a different philosophy. 

I'm not sure Aaronson was brought in to be a starter necessarily. As a bench option, I think he's solid. He presses well and moves the ball quickly. Needs to add to his game, I'll give you that.

McKennie was terrible on his debut. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

8 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Andoni Iraola being mentioned now, Rayo Vallecano manager and has them 5th in la liga. Seems that everyone now wants Basque Country  managers .

Would be a huge backwards move. Rayo on the up, Leeds on the way down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Would be a huge backwards move. Rayo on the up, Leeds on the way down. 

Could say the same when Unai joined us. Rayo are in a false position compared to other La Liga rivals and sadly don't have the means to fight up the table long term

At Leeds he will probably have 10 times the budget he has now maybe even more

Â