Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

I think there’s an argument to be made that the Premier league has hit a kind of high watermark when it comes to “Big System” football. The paucity of good strikers is mere evidence. Marsch is the ultimate up-and-coming Obey The Way ideology-based coach. It’s a bit demeaning to the English conscience, if you ask me (and no one is). But he’s a brilliant and interesting man. Maybe too “interesting” for Leeds. Would do better at a smaller, newer club in the south. Or back to German-language football. They love a bit of vertical hierarchy. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think there’s an argument to be made that the Premier league has hit a kind of high watermark when it comes to “Big System” football. The paucity of good strikers is mere evidence. Marsch is the ultimate up-and-coming Obey The Way ideology-based coach. It’s a bit demeaning to the English conscience, if you ask me (and no one is). But he’s a brilliant and interesting man. Maybe too “interesting” for Leeds. Would do better at a smaller, newer club in the south. Or back to Germany. They love vertical hierarchy. 

I agree that Leeds were a bad fit. I think perhaps it would’ve been easier for him to start in the championship and grow with Leeds rather than coming in to that situation

• Like 1

Could see Leeds giving it to Stevie.

Owner/management reeking of incompetence. Backing Marsch in the transfer window and then sacking him 6 days after it closes with a lost to Forest?

Feel a bit for Marsch but Leeds problems starts and ends with that ramshackle back line (Ayling still starts!) and perhaps Marsch insistence that he can play RB type football with that back line. I think if he played it out, that team would have regressed to the mean and just stayed up.

Have a feeling Leeds are circling the drain a bit. Lots of investment and that Phillips money will only last so long. Could see them offloading Rodrigo while he still has some value.

And we have Kamara - but would love to snap up Adams from them for a discount. Good competition and has been the standout every time I watched. Gnoto (sp?) will be too expensive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree that Leeds were a bad fit. I think perhaps it would’ve been easier for him to start in the championship and grow with Leeds rather than coming in to that situation

If he knew a little more about England, I think he would have been more reluctant to take that particular job. But then, HE wouldn’t have listened if he had, which is a blind spot IMHO. 

• Like 1

Â