Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

7 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

(I’m expecting a lot of shit for that, that’s fine, dark humour isn’t always right 😂)

Shit is very good, yes. But I was waiting for the fart sound. I wasn't sure if you were being funny or offering a non sequitur, like a bowl of burning pencil erasers or something like that.

I'm pretty low-brow.  If it doesn't involve farts ... 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So they fired Marsch with ZERO plan to replace him even started. That's spectacularly stupid.

I've been wondering this, too. I can't tell if I just feel weirdly protective of Marsch or feel kind of like you, like there's no plan.

Even though he really did no better than Gerrard, he did no worse, either, and I do think eventually things would have turned around with Leeds because they've been playing very well and getting close, but with Gerrard, there weren't really any glimmers of hope in the end, and it seemed like the team stopped playing for him.  I don't know. I wonder how Bamford fits into all this, too.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

(I’m expecting a lot of shit for that, that’s fine, dark humour isn’t always right 😂)

It was worth the risk. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Could Neil Warnock be tempted out of retirement.

Loves a yorkshire club Neil does.

"That serves you right for Muscat"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I've been wondering this, too. I can't tell if I just feel weirdly protective of Marsch or feel kind of like you, like there's no plan.

Even though he really did no better than Gerrard, he did no worse, either, and I do think eventually things would have turned around with Leeds because they've been playing very well and getting close, but with Gerrard, there weren't really any glimmers of hope in the end, and it seemed like the team stopped playing for him.  I don't know. I wonder how Bamford fits into all this, too.  

Cult of Bielsa cost the next manager doing anything at Leeds. Its not Fergie/Wenger etc but Leeds fans bought into it so much it was scary

Unless Bielsa comes back the next manager might get similar treatment

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cult of Bielsa cost the next manager doing anything at Leeds. Its not Fergie/Wenger etc but Leeds fans bought into it so much it was scary

Unless Bielsa comes back the next manager might get similar treatment.

Marsch was seemingly a very likeable guy

I do wonder why they worship Bielsa so much. They achieved nothing with him. 

It's literally like Villa getting a Dean Smith (a good manager at the time)  statue. 

I don't understand it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's literally like Villa getting a Dean Smith (a good manager at the time)  statue. 

I don't understand it.

I don't get it either. I mean he got them promoted right that's about it?

39 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't understand it.

Getting into the top flight for Leeds is a much bigger achievement (Villa have spent over twice as much time in the top flight overall so is more expected).

12 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Getting into the top flight for Leeds is a much bigger achievement (Villa have spent over twice as much time in the top flight overall so is more expected).

But getting to the top flight for a club like Leeds shouldn't be celebrated in murals and tattoos.

It should be expected.

(Unless they are small time). 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

But getting to the top flight for a club like Leeds shouldn't be celebrated in murals and tattoos.

It should be expected.

(Unless they are small time). 

I think the murals and tattoos are a bit weird!

I guess 16 years out of the top flight in a row is a long time to be out of it so for Leeds it must have been such a big deal for them to finally get promoted.

As for whether they are small time - I would say they are a decent sized club but not as big as some of their fans try to portray (71 seasons out of the top flight!)

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I think the murals and tattoos are a bit weird!

I guess 16 years out of the top flight in a row is a long time to be out of it so for Leeds it must have been such a big deal for them to finally get promoted.

As for whether they are small time - I would say they are a decent sized club but not as big as some of their fans try to portray (71 seasons out of the top flight!)

I never saw Nottingham Fans with a Steve Cooper fetish. 

And that's a bigger club historically. 

14 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I don't understand it.

Still crazy he got a FIFA manager of the year nomination for it 

• Like 2

Â