Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Not sure what other Americans or half-Americans on here are thinking, but the rise and fall of Jesse Marsch at Leeds has been stomach-churningly sad for me. There's a lot that has always bothered me about Marsch, but I had a lot of hopes pinned on him as someone who would help carry the flag for American soccer and even bring the MLS a little more respect, and it's been frankly depressing to see it fail so ignobly. 

A year sure makes a difference. Less than a year, actually. 

"Jesse Marsch is a winner": Untold stories about Leeds United's MLS-bred manager

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We all get predictions wrong, all the time. I thought Gerrard would be a success after 2 games with us....

Gerrard won 4 out of his first 6 Premier League games with the other two being 1 goal defeats to Man City & Liverpool. I'm sure 99.5% on here were very positive about Gerrard after 6 games so don't be too hard on yourself 😝

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Gerrard won 4 out of his first 6 Premier League games with the other two being 1 goal defeats to Man City & Liverpool. I'm sure 99.5% on here were very positive about Gerrard after 6 games so don't be too hard on yourself 😝

I only got on board with Gerrard because of Beale

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Please be Gerrard. Please be Gerrard. Please be Gerrard. Please be Gerrard.

I would be extremely jealous if Leeds United were to get such an accomplished football brain as Steven Gerrard MBE. He would elevate them to new heights, win the league and be the ideal man to take on their young stars

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Rayo are my Spanish team. Proud of their working class, left-wing roots. Just very sad the ownership gives seats the racist VOX Party. But you're right, I wouldn't want to give the impression the club or fans reflect these people.

Yup, sounds like they're my team in Spain too then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

I would be extremely jealous if Leeds United were to get such an accomplished football brain as Steven Gerrard MBE. He would elevate them to new heights, win the league and be the ideal man to take on their young stars

Indeed, with the current squad, it is very likely that given a couple of years, Gerrard would be able to win the league with them. League 1, obviously.

Jokes aside, Leeds would be utter lunatics to hire Gerrard. Trades one form of blinkered ideology for another.  What a mess there now. All these Marsch hires sitting around now. Must be unnerving for McKennie and even more, Aaronson and Kristensen. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pas5898 said:

QPR will be happy to receive a cool 1million in compensation for Critchley instead of the inevitable pay off to sack him

23 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

All these Marsch hires sitting around now. Must be unnerving for McKennie and even more, Aaronson and Kristensen. 

Living in Yorkshire is going to be one hell of a culture shock. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Gerrard is a winner, I think they should go for him. Would also help to raise the profile of the club.

Also hated by United, Chelsea and Villa fans. Its the dream signing

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I'd love to see it...  "Steve, do you think you can save Leeds from relegation this season?"

"We'll finish there or thereabouts.  The smart ones will get it..."

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not sure what other Americans or half-Americans on here are thinking, but the rise and fall of Jesse Marsch at Leeds has been stomach-churningly sad for me. There's a lot that has always bothered me about Marsch, but I had a lot of hopes pinned on him as someone who would help carry the flag for American soccer and even bring the MLS a little more respect, and it's been frankly depressing to see it fail so ignobly. 

A year sure makes a difference. Less than a year, actually. 

I wrote him off as a fraud back when he didn't last a half a season at Leipzig.  American media desperately hypes up our players and coaches as being much better than they actually are since the Freddy Adu days.  The reality is that the unsexy, pragmatist dinosaur that is Bruce Arena is our all time greatest manager.  

• Thanks 1

Â