Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

As for refs we discovred last season they arent fair on newly promoted teams. Lansbury goal was worse than yesterday Bamford decision and we had a few more

This, the refs seem to side with the status quo all day long . Playing Arsenal yesterday brought last year's fixture into mind and the dreadful referring, offsides , hand balls . Definitely a factor that promoted teams need to deal with and not let it affect them to much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

This, the refs seem to side with the status quo all day long . Playing Arsenal yesterday brought last year's fixture into mind and the dreadful referring, offsides , hand balls . Definitely a factor that promoted teams need to deal with and not let it affect them to much.

You're right, though it's hard to do. You can see Leeds let it get to them the other day, and to an extent I think SJM did last night as well (for a few minutes).

On 08/11/2020 at 12:09, Rino8 said:

So there's lots of big definite statements to try drag us down from a pedestal Sky has put us on over yourselves

I think this is valid.

There's 2 things - Leeds have a good manager. The media hypes something new in the Premier League - Leeds, a big club, with a renowned manager getting promoted and playing attacking football is exactly the sort of thing the media will hype up to unrealistic levels. Personally, I'm not fussed by it, but on the social medias and so on, a lot of people clearly are fussed by it - fans of clubs doing well, but not getting hyped will think "hold on, what about us - aren't we a story?" and get annoyed by clickbait stuff around Bielsa. It is a repeat of what happened with Keegan and Newcastle - what about Southampton/Leicester/Villa/Everton....and that turns, sometimes in to "Leeds are over-rated/over-hyped..etc."

You're right, it's Sky etc. that have done it, putting Leeds on a pedestal, but most people are saying things like "it'll be hard, it's not the Championship" and they're not wrong. Maybe from Villa fans it's influenced by us having been in Leeds (just promoted) position a year ago and then finding out just how hard it can be.

• Like 1

I thought they were fairly unlucky against Palace.

The twelve year old they've got in goal hid under his bar and then dived backwards into the net for the first, they were yet another victim of 'VAR-tshirt line-offside gate', the second was a fantastic free kick which is unlikely to be scored (despite us managing to concede two of the bastards last week) and the third was just a ridiculous schoolboy error again from the goalkeeping schoolboy.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I bet as the season goes on we'll wonder how we ever lost to these peasants

Mmmm best team we have played this season, so far, I don't look forward to the return fixture as to win we will have to be at our best .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I think they will do Arsenal next match. Arsenal are fragile and Leeds can be ferocious in broken play when they are allowed to be. 

hopefully smith will get the credit he deserves for showing leeds how to beat them....

• Like 1

It is getting ridiculous now. Leeds' disallowed goal is all over the Australian news feeds, with the grab line of " Worst decision in the history of football". Wot? Never mind anything else that happened during the round, this is apparently the big story. 

Firstly, no, it really isnt. It was a crap call from VAR, and by rights, it deserved to be a goal, but worst decision in football? Gimme a freakin' break. Last season against Palace, Kevin "No" Friend carded Villa into submission to the point they didnt dare fart in case they got a red, while Palace were given free reign to do as they like to Villa players. Then, in the last play of the match, that disallowed goal, followed by Grealish getting carded. It featured in the news for about a day, and then football moved on. This is an example of a worse decision than what happened with Leeds, and I am sure there is many more that other teams could mention. 

This wasnt a match winning goal, or a last minute equaliser, Leeds still lost 4-1, yet the wankfest train keeps on rolling. Leeds were hard done by, but this happens to teams all the time, usually in more dodgier circumstances, and it hardly rates a mention. It is a fact that Bamford is a pathetic diving cheating ****, and we laughed at Ayling's dive against Leicester, but if anything comes from their panto skills, I bet there will hardly be a mention of how the other team was hard done by. No, it will be another Bielsa masterclass.

To be clear, I am not pissed at Leeds, and I dont hate them. I genuinely hate Bamford, he is scum, but that is beside my point. Its not Leeds' fault, they are just another team. I am just sick of and pissed off with this media bullshit with Leeds. I wish they would see it the way most football fans see it, that Leeds are just another team, that news about Leeds only appeals to Leeds fans, and that nobody else really gives a shit.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a blot on an otherwise excellent season that we lost to this shower of shit

Pretty sure we'll lose at Elland Road to unless Deano figures out how to beat this lot and Bielsa. Their pressing is our kryptonite.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Pretty sure we'll lose at Elland Road to unless Deano figures out how to beat this lot and Bielsa. Their pressing is our kryptonite.

Dean learns quickly and isn't afraid to change things. I'd say there's every chance he learned a very valuable lesson the other night.

Plus they'll hopefully be knee deep in the Bielsa burn out

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dean learns quickly and isn't afraid to change things. I'd say there's every chance he learned a very valuable lesson the other night.

Plus they'll hopefully be knee deep in the Bielsa burn out

Hope so. They took 4 points off us in the championship remember. That 3-2 at VP was the best I've seen any team play at VP since we went down. We were missing Jack though.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hope so. They took 4 points off us in the championship remember. That 3-2 at VP was the best I've seen any team play at VP since we went down. We were missing Jack though.

And a centre back and a left back plus I think Nyland in goals 😛

19 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We play them in March, don't we?

Will be interesting if they are in the middle of the famous Bielsa burn out by then!

The thing I like about Villa most this season is that when we lost 0-3, not at one point did I dread going to play them again.

Villa are playing well and Leeds are simply not scary.

11 hours ago, AJ said:

To be clear, I am not pissed at Leeds, and I dont hate them. I genuinely hate Bamford, he is scum, but that is beside my point. Its not Leeds' fault, they are just another team. I am just sick of and pissed off with this media bullshit with Leeds. I wish they would see it the way most football fans see it, that Leeds are just another team, that news about Leeds only appeals to Leeds fans, and that nobody else really gives a shit.

this is where i'm at. i could count on one hand the number of leeds fans i've met with fingers to spare and don't have an issue with them. the one or 2 on here also seem totally reasonable. their fans on social media seem like bellends but doesn't everybody's? ours can be just as bad

the problem is that the media know it's riling everyone else up, so the clickbait shite continues. look at how that comment about bielsa showing us how to beat liverpool went down...the media does like trolling clubs

remember, we don't play ball with the media. we keep transfer news to our chest until the last minute, at which point we give John Percy the exclusive. sky are the last to know and i bet they **** hate it. bielsa on the other hand called a press conference when he got caught spying and showed a cute little powerpoint to everyone.

yes it's annoying that smith doesn't get as much praise and respect from the media as bielsa seems to, but the longer it goes on the longer we'll be underestimated and we seem to be doing just fine as the underdogs.

• Like 2

Â