Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Pretty sure we'll lose at Elland Road to unless Deano figures out how to beat this lot and Bielsa. Their pressing is our kryptonite.

He tends to draw 1-1 at Elland Road a fair bit so can set up for a draw no problem. It's the home games where we tend to struggle more v their style.

Edited by VillaChris

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

And a centre back and a left back plus I think Nyland in goals 😛

That Jack Clarke guy totally destroyed AEM second half (who was going through his worst form for us as he'd had a poor game v Stoke the previous week).

Was wondering what on earth had happened to him as Leeds got him back on loan the next season but he hardly played. He was actually on the bench for Spurs for their europa game in the week.

15 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

They play Burnley on Boxing day.

Hopefully Ben Mee has a shit Christmas and vents some frustration on a certain striker of theirs.

I don't like Leeds and can't stand Bamford but I don't wish a Ben Mee style injury on anyone. Tackles like that are dangerous and should be better punished. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't like Leeds and can't stand Bamford but I don't wish a Ben Mee style injury on anyone. Tackles like that are dangerous and should be better punished. 

I could make an exception for Bamford.

24 minutes ago, useless said:

If they lose to Arsenal they will be on ten points after nine games, which is one less point than we had after the same amount of games last season.

Think they may struggle to lose to Arsenal 😆

Both Leeds and Arsenal can be quite unpredictable, so not easy to say which way that fixture will go; I thought Leeds were poor against Palace, but they're the kind of team that can comfortably lose a game like that but then go and play very well against better oppositon in the next game, and in the same way Arsenal are the kind of team that can be well beaten one week and then look like world beaters themselves the next.

4 hours ago, useless said:

If they lose to Arsenal they will be on ten points after nine games, which is one less point than we had after the same amount of games last season.

It’s the best 10 points any team has ever got though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Phillips did more in his games than Winks did last night 

I wonder at what point in the family history they started changing the spelling?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Phillips did more in his games than Winks did last night 

Phillips is quality tbf and I don't think being a defensive holding mid in front of 5 defenders really suits him, he needs to be a little further forward and feeding Jack.

11 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Phillips is quality tbf and I don't think being a defensive holding mid in front of 5 defenders really suits him, he needs to be a little further forward and feeding Jack.

Agree, it'll be him and Bellingham fighting it out over Henderson Place after next summer (I think Henderson will retire from England, he's not fit enough to play enough) 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, useless said:

That is brilliant and hilarious. God I hope they lose. 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Considering El Ghazi almost knocked him out without touching him, a Ben Mee special would completely obliterate Bamford. 

He murdered him from 3 feet away.

I think you would be right, a Ben Mee tackle would result in just a splodge on the grass.

• Haha 1

Â