Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe he wouldn’t be getting thrashed by Crystal Palace and Leicester if he could communicate better during a game. It’s possible. 

I think you're completely wrong.

Remember that we had a completely legitimate goal disallowed and conceded right after, that's a kick in the nuts for absolutely any team then were 2-0 down without our best players.

Leicester are better than us, this isn't news to anybody right? Vardy is probably the best goal scorer in the league and the way we play is perfect for him. Leicester should beat us, they did. We gave them a gift in the first few minutes and were chasing the game from there. You can't do that against teams like Leicester no matter how good you are. City conceded 5.

People are so keen to say 'lost 2 wheels are falling off Beilsa and Leeds are in trouble' but look at the games individually first. 

No way we lose 4-1 yesterday if we equalise. 

15 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

So he turned around an entire club in two years while still being hampered hugely?

Christ if he could speak English they'd be no stopping him

It’ll probably stop him moving to a big club tbf 

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Remember that we had a completely legitimate goal disallowed and conceded right after, that's a kick in the nuts for absolutely any team then were 2-0 down without our best players.

Leicester are better than us, this isn't news to anybody right? Vardy is probably the best goal scorer in the league and the way we play is perfect for him. Leicester should beat us, they did. We gave them a gift in the first few minutes and were chasing the game from there. You can't do that against teams like Leicester no matter how good you are. City conceded 5.

People are so keen to say 'lost 2 wheels are falling off Beilsa and Leeds are in trouble' but look at the games individually first. 

You've beat two teams that are going down and us, who finished 17th.

You have the worst defensive record in the league. 

I think you'll probably stay up but you're nothing special. Just another promoted team who survived. 

Wolves and sheff u were much better than you in their first season back and didn't get anywhere near the hype

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think you'll probably stay up but you're nothing special. Just another promoted team who survived. 

Wolves and sheff u were much better than you in their first season back and didn't get anywhere near the hype

I don't know why this post gets repeated every game here? 

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I don't know why this post gets repeated every game here? 

Because you're overhyped and your fanbase are arrogant. Until that changes it remains true. 

Like I said, you've beaten no one special and your defence is shambolic.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Because you're overhyped and your fanbase are arrogant. Until that changes it remains true. 

Like I said, you've beaten no one special and your defence is shambolic.

But who are you telling it to? Twitter fans? This isn't twitter?

It feels like a lot of this attitude comes from hype Villa fans feel you deserve instead of us. So there's lots of big definite statements to try drag us down from a pedestal Sky has put us on over yourselves.

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

It feels like a lot of this attitude comes from hype Villa fans feel you deserve instead of us. So there's lots of big definite statements to try drag us down from a pedestal Sky has put us on over yourselves.

I don’t think that’s true at all. The Leeds hype has nothing to do with Villa. I wouldn’t want villa put on a pedestal for beating three teams, two of which are near certainties to go down and the other who stayed up on the last day of last season.

The hype is ridiculous as it would be for any team who had achieved the same results over 8 games of any football season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Who am i telling it to? I'm discussing it on a specific thread about Leeds on my teams fan site.

I don't think we need any hype. We finished 17th last year. It would be undeserved. 

Its nothing to do with us, its just utter nonsense at how the media have portrayed you. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Who am i telling it to? I'm discussing it on a specific thread about Leeds on my teams fan site.

I don't think we need any hype. We finished 17th last year. It would be undeserved. 

Its nothing to do with us, its just utter nonsense at how the media have portrayed you. 

20 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Maybe they'll come back 2nd half but once again they are showing their true colours. A nothing bottom half team. 

Survival is all that counts but laughable the fuss being made and the arrogance of their fans. 

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

These posts are the same and if you're quoting me to repeat it I'm assuming you're talking to me, but these aren't words I've said.

I'll make sure to tell everybody at the next big meet up if it helps 

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

These posts are the same and if you're quoting me to repeat it I'm assuming you're talking to me, but these aren't words I've said.

I'll make sure to tell everybody at the next big meet up if it helps 

Haha you quoted me, so yes I responded. 

Sorry about repeating myself, I'm sure a Leeds fan moderating the content of villatalk is most welcome. A nice example of the arrogance I mentioned previously. 

You don't need to tell anyone, Leeds fanbase seem like Trump fans. The cult of Biesla will not fade. We've even got "one of our own" brainwashed on here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha you quoted me, so yes I responded. 

Sorry about repeating myself, I'm sure a Leeds fan moderating the content of villatalk is most welcome. A nice example of the arrogance I mentioned previously. 

You don't need to tell anyone, Leeds fanbase seem like Trump fans. The cult of Biesla will not fade. We've even got "one of our own" brainwashed on here. 

I think this is pretty unfair. I have no real issue with Leeds fans getting excited. They’re back in the premier league and competing. It’s as good as it’s been for many years.

It’s the media reaction to them that is irritating. When it’s being forced down your throat that Leeds are a great team and a threat to the top four before a balls even been kicked other teams fans are hardly likely to warm to them.

Its pretty comparable with Newcastle to be fair. The media love in gets tiring and it’s no surprise that Villa fans found it amusing when they got relegated at Villa Park.

I would add that the Leeds fans on social media appear to be a particularly toxic bunch which doesn’t help the overall impression of the club.

• Like 1

I think that if Leeds get picked off again like the last 2 games then I wouldnt be surprised if the mainstream media turn on Bielsa for not shoring up the defence.  Easy to forget that us and Norwich played a similar game at the start of last season and struggled big time.

Leeds will probably not get sucked into the relegation battle as some shit teams in the bottom 4 but I be surprised if they are not in the bottom 7 at end of the season 

39 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I think this is pretty unfair. I have no real issue with Leeds fans getting excited. They’re back in the premier league and competing. It’s as good as it’s been for many years.

It’s the media reaction to them that is irritating. When it’s being forced down your throat that Leeds are a great team and a threat to the top four before a balls even been kicked other teams fans are hardly likely to warm to them.

Its pretty comparable with Newcastle to be fair. The media love in gets tiring and it’s no surprise that Villa fans found it amusing when they got relegated at Villa Park.

I would add that the Leeds fans on social media appear to be a particularly toxic bunch which doesn’t help the overall impression of the club.

I've got no issues with fans getting excited. I think there is a difference between that and what I've seen and heard from Leeds fans. And you're right social media is the loudest out there so maybe not a fair reflection on the whole fanbase. 

5 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Can easily say if grealish put watkins through no way would we have lost 3-0 to Leeds on that logic.All ifs and buts you have been thumped twice in a week. Getting destroyed by palace is a very poor result

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can easily say if grealish put watkins through no way would we have lost 3-0 to Leeds on that logic.All ifs and buts you have been thumped twice in a week. Getting destroyed by palace is a very poor result

We could have been 2 up but shot off the line and a good save by the keeper. Fact is Palace had more goals than Leeds had shots on target yesterday. 

As for refs we discovred last season they arent fair on newly promoted teams. Lansbury goal was worse than yesterday Bamford decision and we had a few more

Is there any way Bielsa can get the credit for the Villa win this time? Media must be gutted that it didn’t take Bielsa to show us the game plan like when he got beat by Liverpool.

On a serious note, why is Smith not getting anywhere near the praise that Bielsa has this season? 

Â