Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

18 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

He murdered him from 3 feet away.

I think you would be right, a Ben Mee tackle would result in just a splodge on the grass.

El Ghazi was more effective than Peter Sutcliffe that day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

That is brilliant and hilarious. God I hope they lose. 

Apparently the PL wouldn't be a rude awakening for them though. They've got more about them than Villa did of course. Remember we were robbed of a point at Palace too and only lost the opening game of the season by more than 1 goal in that run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Talksoort did a programme tonight called 'Bielsa's Beautiful Game'.

Just the title was enough to make me uncontrollably vomit everywhere.

It's all part of the mediocre managers who achieved nothing week. Tony Pulis' turn tomorrow.

I'll definitely tune in when its Deanos hour cheers

2 hours ago, John said:

Interesting interview by Henry Winter with Kalvin Phillips from Saturday's Times. Direct from the player on how near he came to joining us last year:

Talking of transfers, Phillips explains why he didn’t move to Aston Villa after Leeds were knocked out of the Championship play-offs by Derby County in 2019 and the club were short of cash.

“There’d been a lot of talk about me possibly leaving and obviously Leeds United’s financial situation,” he recalls. “It was one of the first weeks of pre-season we came into this room here with Victor [Orta, the Leeds director of football] and ‘Jay’ [James Mooney, the club’s head of media and communications].”

Orta asked Phillips: “What do you want to do?” Phillips was torn. He loves Leeds. “There was Premier League football there and money there that I’d never, ever seen before in my life. If I do make this move, I’ll look after my family and the heartache of not making it [promotion] was just devastating. Do I really want to leave on this note? Do I really want to leave without doing anything with Leeds? I have loads of Leeds family, so they were getting stuck into me, saying, ‘You’d better not leave.’ Everything was going through my head.” So he told Orta, “I just don’t know.”

Orta, a warm man, occasionally fiery, said to him, “If you want to leave now then tell me and we can sell you. But if you don’t or you don’t know then I’m not going to sell you.” Phillips replied again, “I don’t know.” Orta’s mind was made up. “I’m not selling you.” Phillips was relieved. “This is my club. I’ve been at Leeds since I was 14, been through so many bad times and then to see the good times is something I will treasure for ever.” Bremner would have approved.

Good on him tbf.

I'd rather have Luiz anyway.

• Like 1

Â