Media and punditry

BOF

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Sky Germany do the highlights on YouTube, they put them on around 8pm on a Saturday night, 3 to 5 mins long depending on what happens, i understand about 50% of it (if I even turn the volume on), dazn do the same for the CL

That's enough for me 

I dont need Alan shearers analysis, if I wanted some proper in depth analysis YouTube is there again 

Football has moved on, I'd rather the BBC petitioned the PL to let them just have a 30 minute show at say 6pm that showed all the goals, no real talking just goals, that's the way the bundesliga does it

ITV used to have the highlights at 8pm but apparently was a ratings bust so moved to it back to later 

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Jenas on MoTD. "Leicester been good, Maddison had a good year".

Does he even watch football, Maddison for a start has been poor most of the season, Rodgers has only recently brought him back in!!

In fairness its your own fault for listening to Jermaine Jenas :P 

• Like 1

Unbelievable from our pre match build up pundits, all they’ve talked about is , “Villa will have to make sure they can keep him here” about 3 or 4 different players, we’ve just signed Coutinho on a permanent deal and they are wandering if John Mcginn might want to move on to bigger and better things.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Unbelievable from our pre match build up pundits, all they’ve talked about is , “Villa will have to make sure they can keep him here” about 3 or 4 different players, we’ve just signed Coutinho on a permanent deal and they are wandering if John Mcginn might want to move on to bigger and better things.

Any pundit that broke away from the crowd and just said "I don't believe it, he's currently negotiating a new deal and this is just his agent playing the game to get him a bigger deal, the spurs story isn't real" would instantly get so much respect and sound like they actually know something, instead they toe the party line wheel out the same guff and make themselves sound like they know **** all 

There's zero insight anymore, the only way to stand out is to be aggressive and miserable not to actually be good or know anything 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Any pundit that broke away from the crowd and just said "I don't believe it, he's currently negotiating a new deal and this is just his agent playing the game to get him a bigger deal, the spurs story isn't real" would instantly get so much respect and sound like they actually know something, instead they toe the party line wheel out the same guff and make themselves sound like they know **** all 

There's zero insight anymore, the only way to stand out is to be aggressive and miserable not to actually be good or know anything 

All media is the same. Polish media was all about Cash moving on to "bigger things" like Man U or Atletico. 

The same story for a couple of other players.

Selling them, giving fees, talking about shit, only for the player to sign a new 5 year contract the next day. 

I'm watching villa burnley on polish TV and they are saying Pope should be aiming for greater things. The guy is an England international and plays in the best league in the world. What greater things exactly? Crystal Palace? 

Pundits must play too much football manager, that's the only reasonable explanation. Or they are just poor. 

40 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

All media is the same. Polish media was all about Cash moving on to "bigger things" like Man U or Atletico. 

Selling them, giving fees, talking about shit, only for the player to sign a new 5 year contract the next day. 

I'm watching villa burnley on polish TV and they are saying Pope should be aiming for greater things. The guy is an England international and plays in the best league in the world. What greater things exactly? Crystal Palace? 

Pundits must play too much football manager, that's the only reasonable explanation. Or they are just poor. 

You got there in the end.

How is Pope not England number 1 by the way? Two world class saves tonight.

49 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You got there in the end.

How is Pope not England number 1 by the way? Two world class saves tonight.

From memory he came in during a meaningless friendly and ITV spent most of the game saying his distribution isn't as good as pickford and it was true it wasn't 

England play too many games where we completely dominate and the keeper can be judged on his ability to float 30 yard diagonals to a full back 

He also had the bad injury at the wrong time 

Apart from Lacazette and maybe Kante, I think those are defensible choices, if the category is not 'Worst XI' but 'Biggest Disappointmens XI'. The actual Worst XI is just Norwich's most frequent XI with Firpo instead of their left back and Tyler Roberts instead of Pukki.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apart from Lacazette and maybe Kante, I think those are defensible choices, if the category is not 'Worst XI' but 'Biggest Disappointmens XI'. The actual Worst XI is just Norwich's most frequent XI with Firpo instead of their left back and Tyler Roberts instead of Pukki.

Everytime I see Norwich they seem to have a defensive midfielder or full back next to Hanley so on that basis we can fit Harry Maguire in 😜 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Utterly bizarre picks for 'worst XI' - especially when some of the names have been injured

Every player is from Chelsea or United apart from Firpo and Lacazette. Aimed to get clicks I reckon.

Edited by Hornso

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When not injured Varane did actually improve Utds defence. He has however missed half the season. 

On 15/05/2022 at 23:45, foreveryoung said:

Jenas on MoTD. "Leicester been good, Maddison had a good year".

Does he even watch football, Maddison for a start has been poor most of the season, Rodgers has only recently brought him back in!!

Nah. Start of the season he was quiet, but second half of the season he's been excellent.

20 goal involvements in the league, most of which have come in 2022

I think he's very unlucky not to be in the latest England squad

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's another one that Southgate seemingly either doesn't see it or doesn't want to see it

There was a time when maddison, dortmunds sancho and villas grealish absolutely should have been starting for England as the 3 behind kane and none of them were even being called up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah. Start of the season he was quiet, but second half of the season he's been excellent.

20 goal involvements in the league, most of which have come in 2022

I think Southgate doesn't like him just has 1 cap, I think he has transferred his Grealish dislike over to Maddison

Think they are good friends so would make sense 

On 19/05/2022 at 20:57, Mic09 said:

I'm watching villa burnley on polish TV and they are saying Pope should be aiming for greater things.

Yeah I think he will take the money and go to Mecca. 

• Haha 1

Â