Media and punditry

BOF

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

He was a great player and I won't hear a word against him as a manager either after he took Wolves down to the third tier (:trollface:) but Dean Saunders does constantly come across as a bell end.  

He really does come across as such a bell, I’d imagine his good friend Alan Brazil gave him advice on the drink driving. 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s he like during the game? Pre match he was ridiculously negative, had to switch it off

Basically plays it safe, not a huge amount of insight, lots of "loikes."

Better than Fransky doing it at least!!

Remember one year Big Ron did a few games.

Our pal Stephen Warnock didn't have a great time last night when offering up his insight on Red Star Belgrade.

According to him many of their players are part time plumbers and are not professional players.

Fwiw they beat Liverpool 2-0 last season in the CL and no they don't have any plumbers in their squad.

Surely having this little knowledge or even interest in football should be a sackable offence. 

His excuse after the game:

Surely any guy off the street would do a better job, literally anyone.

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Link

The BBC have obtained the police video of the Saunders arrest. The bloke is steaming. 

I wouldn't say steaming mate, he's obviously had a few but if you think that's steaming you've obviously not been in Stoke-on-Trent city centre at 2am.

3 hours ago, chappy said:

Add the guy who presented Sunday supplement yesterday on to my list - clear Grealish dive in his opinion

Unfortunately, people love attention these days. Whether it be comments/likes on their facebook posts, replies/retweets on twitter, traffic on their sites, etc. they'll just say something controversial to get it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Unfortunately, people love attention these days. Whether it be comments/likes on their facebook posts, replies/retweets on twitter, traffic on their sites, etc. they'll just say something controversial to get it.

yep, going against the grain means your voice will be heard

souness - taking the angry old white man coincidently dislikes all successful young black men angle out of it - it suggests to me that he doesn't see or understand the way transfers have been shaped by the rules and the increasing value of fees and wages, juve have Ronaldo to pay for, they've also been involved with some of the player exchanges that are likely to increase (the LB swap with roma) and were linked to some of the big long term loans (like lukaku to inter), you look at his opinion on Pogba and he definitely doesn't understand how marketability increases the fee, its a shame sky don't really have anyone capable of explaining football economics and the changing of transfers because it would make for an interesting discussion

kean is the same as luiz to us, its a glorifed loan deal giving the selling clubs more FFP cap for this summer

Is it just me or is there a bit of a media silence on the Grealish incident? I know it got heavy focus on MOTD and some other TV shows, but online, the usual places I go to like The Guardian, Football 365, BBC Sport have no real mention of it at all, other than a side note at the end of a match report.

In the Guardians 'Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action' our matches talking point is some meeting Hodgson had with the board after the game?! Is that really the biggest talking point? Sure there wasn't something else that happened that might generate discussion?

If the incident happened in a game involving the top 6 teams we'd be hearing/reading about it for weeks, especially because of the international break, but such a controversial decision which is raging along on Twitter with every man and his dog having a say is supposedly not news worthy? ... just seems odd.

there wasn't just 1 incident, there were 3 this weekend with ours of course being the crown jewel

social media of just about every journalist going was giving friend pelters on Saturday, not just the likes of lineker but henry whats his face and id wait a couple of days until the special pieces come out and see how many of them are about VAR 

Â