Media and punditry

BOF

On 07/11/2019 at 15:24, villa4europe said:

contacts at barca / madrid, especially barca, im not sure how hunter has managed to get them but he definitely seems to get info out of them (his book is pretty good) 

I think it was just a case of being in the right place at the right time when the focus was on the Galacticos and he just happened to be around Barcelona when they were about to explode.  I don't really see much wrong with him or Balague tbh.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it was just a case of being in the right place at the right time when the focus was on the Galacticos and he just happened to be around Barcelona when they were about to explode.  I don't really see much wrong with him or Balague tbh.

Its more the bullshit they said from "contacts" every year Torres had agreed to sign for United was the worst or the best 

On 07/11/2019 at 15:24, villa4europe said:

contacts at barca / madrid, especially barca, im not sure how hunter has managed to get them but he definitely seems to get info out of them (his book is pretty good) 

He's lived in Spain years and years I think, bit like Sid Lowe. Familar face at press conferences, gets to know members of the squads pretty well so nothing more than that.

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's lived in Spain years and years I think, bit like Sid Lowe. Familar face at press conferences, gets to know members of the squads pretty well so nothing more than that.

Sid Lowe is a good journalist though, Hunter is just a prick

• Haha 1

Was going to say don't really have much opinion on him either way but then remembered I had misfortune to listen to him on the La Liga world feed commentating on the games (pretty sure 1-2 made it on to ITV 4 when they briefly had the games). Had the knack of describing a Messi tap in like it was some major world event.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was going to say don't really have much opinion on him either way but then remembered I had misfortune to listen to him on the La Liga world feed commentating on the games (pretty sure 1-2 made it on to ITV 4 when they briefly had the games). Had the knack of describing a Messi tap in like it was some major world event.

They bring him on Irish radio every week and for 3 years he has said the same thing. I expect Mourinho to be the Real manager very soon

6 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

It's actually pretty embarrassing from Sky with this Liverpool City love in.  Villa Wolves chit chat probably less than 5 mins in total.

Haven’t switched sky sports news on all weekend as all week has been spent on them noshing off Liverpool 

it’s cringeworthy 

43 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

MOtD so biased on Liverplop. Hardly showed Man City chances or foul on Sterling. Blatantly want LFC to win this season.

the peoples club, the media would have you believe its what all neutrals want

• Like 1

Vincent Kompany already up there with the absolute worst pundits I have ever seen.

A very intelligent man by all accounts and brilliant leader and character in the dressing room,  but he is going to make a horrible pundit and an even worse manager. As charasmatic as a cumrag.

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Vincent Kompany already up there with the absolute worst pundits I have ever seen.

A very intelligent man by all accounts and brilliant leader and character in the dressing room,  but he is going to make a horrible pundit and an even worse manager. As charasmatic as a cumrag.

He is an ex player, so by default that makes him a top candidate for a punditry job.

snap shot reaction is im maybe puyol for ramos away from agreeing

take it that's come up because of villa retiring? the list from this century is incredible to be fair to Spain, take our English conversation of scholes vs gerrard vs Lampard, spain can do that kind of game for about 4 or 5 positions

Ramos is definite the best Spanish defender since Hierro. Puyol was 2nd but his leadership and bravery covered some flaws im his game. Pique nowhere near the level of them 2

Being a grade A dickhead is for another topic

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ramos is definite the best Spanish defender since Hierro. Puyol was 2nd but his leadership and bravery covered some flaws im his game. Pique nowhere near the level of them 2

red and yellow cards normally cover the flaws in Ramos' game ;) 

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ramos much better than Hierro defensively although Hierro far better on the ball and a real goal threat. Make sense given he was a midfielder/ sweaper for many years and scored over 20 league goals in one season for Madrid.

Â