Media and punditry

BOF

In fairness for this one the Friday night game is rarely high up the schedule, think when Liverpool played Norwich two weeks ago they were halfway down the schedule. Game highlights been on the news channels and would imagine Football Focus showed highlights so less need to show it than the 3pms which had some really good games.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2019 at 19:19, Keyblade said:

We only had to be back in the PL for 2 weeks to see how much we're held in contempt by the media. I was starting to miss it too.

We’re not held in contempt at all. Every club thinks the media is against them when in reality, they’re probably not.

People need to stop taking things so personally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re not held in contempt at all. Every club thinks the media is against them when in reality, they’re probably not.

People need to stop taking things so personally.

Contempt was a strong word. More like disregard. If we're not blowing the roof off VP like ok Friday it's like we don't even exist. The coverage on us is laughable. I'm sure 14 other clubs can say the same but it seems some pundits like Danny Murphy actually dislike us for whatever reason.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

MOTD editing is really wierd these days, didn't show the Wesley chance straight after his goal (again it popped up in the analysis which I simply don't get).

. . . it's because it's not a very good show. (but yes, I agree with you, it's bizarre)

Dean Saunders has been locked up for 10 weeks & banned from driving for 30 months for failing to provide a breath test when pulled over for suspicion of drink driving.

Blamed Asthma as the reason he was unable to provide a sample but also failed to provide a specemin later in the day.

I'm all for tough sentencing on drink driving but he appears to have been hoisted by his own petard here, If he hadn't been a bellend he would have more than likely have got a small fine & a much shorter ban.

Ah well if it keeps him from waffling on the radio/tv it can only be a good thing

• Like 2

I was matchday security "blazer boy" on the players lounge at the time he played for us. I used to particularly look forward to when he rocked up as he usually brought his lovely missus Helen with him (stunning, long dark haired girl from the valleys but so down to earth and friendly 😍).

Whether it's true about the beer reacting with his medication, he surely would've been aware of that to begin with ? 

Ah well....hope he learns from this and at least no one was hurt in this incident. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Dean Saunders has been locked up for 10 weeks & banned from driving for 30 months for failing to provide a breath test when pulled over for suspicion of drink driving.

Blamed Asthma as the reason he was unable to provide a sample but also failed to provide a specemin later in the day.

I'm all for tough sentencing on drink driving but he appears to have been hoisted by his own petard here, If he hadn't been a bellend he would have more than likely have got a small fine & a much shorter ban.

Ah well if it keeps him from waffling on the radio/tv it can only be a good thing

Just read that. Shocking that he did it and shocked by his behaviour in refusing to give a specimen. As you say, had he given one and been found over, he would likely have been fined and banned, no jail time (assuming here that he does not have a history of this). 

One of my all time favourite players - has really gone down in my estimation now (not that he would give a s*it) but very very disappointed in him. 

He was a great player and I won't hear a word against him as a manager either after he took Wolves down to the third tier (:trollface:) but Dean Saunders does constantly come across as a bell end.  

• Like 1

He was my hero for a couple of years. Probably more than any other Villa player - I don’t think I had “heroes” moving into my teenage years and beyond. Favourite players sure, players whom I thought were better, definitely. But I don’t remember playing football as a kid and wanting to “be” anyone else. From the ages of about 10 to 12, if I scored a goal, it was Deano who scored.

Still have fond memories of him as a player, but yeah, a bit of a Representative for Wellingborough unfortunately.

• Like 2

after wilkins, this, the videos doing the rounds of ray parlour smashed on the tube more than once it will be interesting to see if talksport take any action

or if they just continue to take the piss out of alan brazil's drinking because they think its all hilarious

On 25/08/2019 at 08:58, Delphinho123 said:

I’m sure it’s already been mentioned but the commentary in the championship is miles ahead of the premier league. SKY have got it completely the wrong way round IMO. 

On the contrary, I always thought the commentary in the Championship was awful. Hated having to put up with it.

Â