Media and punditry

BOF

MOTD has nothing though on the scripted Soccer Saturday a show that was fun 10 years ago but do the same thing each episode. Tiss criticises refs, Thommo bigs up Liverpool, Merse cant say names and contradicts himself and Kamara just says unbelievable. 

Held together by Jeff Stelling the lover of British dinosaur managers. Can't remember what was worse saying McLeish did wonders at Villa or that Pulis was a better manager than Van Gaal

In the rare occasions I can be bothered to watch MOTD nowadays I just watch it on i player and fast forwarded through all the dull interviews, tactical punditry and bants. Saves you about 40 minutes a week that you could something better with.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Soccer Saturday a show that was fun 10 years ago but do the same thing each episode. 

It's unwatchable, xenophobic, shouty, ill informed nonsense. Cant stand any of them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's unwatchable, xenophobic, shouty, ill informed nonsense. Cant stand any of them.

I've put it on a couple of times, and have to turn it straight off. I just can't stand the background shouts from the pundits watching a game that's not the one being discussed. Really annoys me.

• Like 2

Might not have many trophies or caps but at least Rosenior, Higginbotham, Holloway etc knew about the players and teams in Championship

Personally prefer to listen to journalists about top flight and not the red top donkeys

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

EFL on Quest is just a better show than Match of the Day. There, I've said it. 

@ me you cowards. 

It's not though is it, I mean yeah MoTD is shite these days but it's not better on Quest......Colin frickin Murray.

Likewise those having a pop at Soccer Saturday, it is what it is - personally I like the nuances of it, change isn't always a good thing (see Soccer AM post Lovejoy)

For all the failings of soccer Saturday (it feels incredibly tired) no one can get near it, bbc and bt versions are garbage 

The thing with motd is though you could show the footage with no commentary and no attenpted analysis and it would be better, I don't want Murphy I just want to see 10 mins from each game

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I've put it on a couple of times, and have to turn it straight off. I just can't stand the background shouts from the pundits watching a game that's not the one being discussed. Really annoys me.

It was funny before they got in on the joke.

Now I wish everyone on there would go bankrupt and end up living in a dustbin. 

Chris Kamara pisses me off the most.

The others, particularly Merse, are unintelligible **** who know nothing, but Kamara has made a living from being a moron who prides himself on the fact he doesn't pay attention. I **** despise him. 

on soccer Saturday I agree but on goals on sunday his relaxed jovial nature where they just chat to the ex pros about what happened rather than attempting matter of fact analysis really worked for me

it can be a much better show than MOTD at times

(it could anyway, haven't watched any of them since villa got relegated)

Â