Media and punditry

BOF

I like Radio 5 Live on a Monday but **** me tonight you'd think there was only one game played this weekend. 

I also find it annoying that all pundits (and most people on here) call the citeh manager by his silly first name but every other manager by their surname. 

**** off Pep-Toe-Bismol. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I like Radio 5 Live on a Monday but **** me tonight you'd think there was only one game played this weekend. 

I also find it annoying that all pundits (and most people on here) call the citeh manager by his silly first name but every other manager by their surname. 

**** off Pep-Toe-Bismol. 

Not as annoying as people calling the prime minister by his first name :bang:

• Thanks 1

I never thought I'd listen to pundit as bad as Steve mcmanaman but bt have smashed it out the park with Joe Cole and rio ferdinand

"He's a striker who just loves to score goals"

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I never thought I'd listen to pundit as bad as Steve mcmanaman but bt have smashed it out the park with Joe Cole and rio ferdinand

"He's a striker who just loves to score goals"

The thing with Joe Cole is that he can be a knowledgable and insightful pundit at times, maybe being on with the BT "A team" drags him down.

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Glenn Hoddle is so dour to listen to. 

The way he pronounces Real Madrid leads me to assume that when he visits spain, he only eats full english breakfasts and fish and chips. 

This is interesting, Schmeichel I always assumed was a clearing in the woods but seems a sensible guy. Calling out pundits for a lack of knowledge about goalkeeping is interesting

• Like 1

On 13/04/2022 at 09:26, Zatman said:

This is interesting, Schmeichel I always assumed was a clearing in the woods but seems a sensible guy. Calling out pundits for a lack of knowledge about goalkeeping is interesting

Did a really good podcast on Joe Harts podcast a few years back along with a few other goalies.

Top guy.

On 14/04/2022 at 21:07, foreveryoung said:

Anton Ferdinand on SSN. Sky yet again trying there upmost to be as diverse as possible, but they are sacrificing it with absolute morons.

Wouldn't surprise me if SSN purposely got morons on, as they think that aligns with the general audience.

(Aka: most  corporations probably think their audience are actually morons).

I do agree though, that it's interesting to watch competence be sacrificed for diversity.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Wouldn't surprise me if SSN purposely got morons on, as they think that aligns with the general audience.

(Aka: most  corporations probably think their audience are actually morons).

I do agree though, that it's interesting to watch competence be sacrificed for diversity.

There are some awful awful commentators most ex players on SSN. They would fail an interview at any other media company hands down.

I know it's not right, but being truthful, there is only one reason Micah Richard's is on TV commentating.

39 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I know it's not right, but being truthful, there is only one reason Micah Richard's is on TV commentating.

Yep, it's because Man City have no other ex players who anyone recognises and sky have given a huge push towards Man City for obvious reasons 

You thought it was because he's black? Nope not for me, it's because city have no one else, Richards got the gig because hamman is on German TV, kompany is still managing and lescott is a dickhead

Kinkladze must be kicking himself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, it's because Man City have no other ex players who anyone recognises and sky have given a huge push towards Man City for obvious reasons 

You thought it was because he's black? Nope not for me, it's because city have no one else, Richards got the gig because hamman is on German TV, kompany is still managing and lescott is a dickhead

Kinkladze must be kicking himself 

I'm sure it was thought of, helping BBC sport with the diversity in TV media now.  They have never been the most of diverse broadcasters.

Â