Media and punditry

BOF

46 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nah, he has to take some blame. Its down to the manager to weed out the shit at the club and get rid. 

Bruce, for all his many faults, sorted out that side of the club 

Who was realistically going to buy Gabby? Nobody. We were stuck with this arrogant tool who gorged on his reputation under MON and contributed to the rot. He’s very accountable. It’s not just a management issue when you cannot for various reasons shift such toxic deadwood. 

There are very few ex players who I despise more than him 

Edited by The_Steve

40 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Who was realistically going to buy Gabby? Nobody. We were stuck with this arrogant tool who gorged on his reputation under MON and contributed to the rot. He’s very accountable. It’s not just a management issue when you cannot for various reasons shift such toxic deadwood. 

There are very few ex players who I despise more than him 

This really, when you look back at the MON period every player said the same thing, training was done by the assistants, then the manager would pick the team, very old school style that a lot of players gravitated to at the time and when you look back, is it any wonder we didn't kick on after giving out massive wages to players like gabby

5 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’ve just read about this ‘interview’ on the Birmingham Mail website and was going to search for it. Thanks for posting it.

The fact that Gabby still thinks this story is hilarious - and that i assume he’d probably do the same again if he was still playing  - speaks volumes about his immaturity. He still doesn’t get professionalism at all. Look at Ashley Young: a year older than Gabby, probably did things he regrets as a young man, but what a career he went on to have (and is still having). 

Never became a pro, did you, Gab? What a toxic waste. 

I still regret that this is most likely what Jack Grealish will become. 

Young and Milner also are older than Gabby and still playing in the top flight while Gabby retired at least 4 years ago now I think 

Gabby had his moments but not a Villa hero 

• Like 3

Talk Sport gonna be a barrel of laughs tomorrow. In remembrance of the Holocaust, they are going to be talking about footballers who died in WW2. Particularly some random geezer born in 1912 and scored goals or something, then got gassed in Auschwirz. With all due respect, think I'll turn over and listen to mellow magic instead, don't wanna destroy my day.

On 26/01/2022 at 13:27, Zatman said:

Herd makes sense had actually forgot about him, was thinking was probably Bannan 

It's definitely Herd. I remember the rumours at the time he split up with his Mrs was having really personal issues  and gone awol on a camp...but banter. What a story 

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

How does Troy Deeney get the call for MOTD? 
Probably an unpopular opinion but I do quite like him when I’ve heard him talking about his life but he offers nothing as a pundit. 

Probably the same reason Anton Ferdinand keeps getting gigs, and he's thicker than six month old rice pudding. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, choffer said:

How does Troy Deeney get the call for MOTD? 
Probably an unpopular opinion but I do quite like him when I’ve heard him talking about his life but he offers nothing as a pundit. 

No one on MoTD offers anything as a pundit, it’s just dumbed down reviews of the goals and some soundbites.

59 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Does anyone find this bloke funny?

The impressions aren't even close to who he's supposed to be portraying.  

It's a load of bollocks imo. Fair play to him for making some dosh out of it, but I've seen funnier episodes of So Haunt Me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Does anyone find this bloke funny?

The impressions aren't even close to who he's supposed to be portraying.  

The original video of him that I guess got him his break, that was posted about 10 years ago, is very funny. Everything since then has been shit

I watched the AFCON final last night and whoever the main commentator was **** dreadful.

It culminated with him declaring

"This is the kind of game that could be settled by a single goal"

It was 0-0 in the 117th minute

• Haha 3

Â