Media and punditry

BOF

I sent a complaint about the difference in coverage for the villa game and the reading game and received the same stock response just about the villa game.

The bbc are pathetic and gutless.

If you look on my old man said it says the reason for the standard response is because so many people have complained, they now have to hand out these stock responses whilst they investigate the complaint.

Which is probably why the difference in the commentary.

Dion Dublin is the new presenter of Homes Under the Hammer.

Legend. 

Plays approx 150 games each for Cambridge, Coventry, and Villa. The BBC report describes him as "former Manchester United striker". He played for them 12 times.   

Edited by dAVe80

Dion Dublin is the new presenter of Homes Under the Hammer.

Legend. 

Most random headline of the day. Probably the month. Programme could well be jumping the shark over this. Had Dion waited a bit longer he could have landed the top gear job with Adrian Chiles!

Edited by The Fun Factory

journalism as shoddy as ever

Screen-Shot-2015-03-27-at-07.34.05.png

Former Liverpool attacker Patrick Berger has hit out at reports in this morning’s press that he was supposed to be on the tragic Germanwings flight that was brought down in the French Alps earlier this week.

The Mirror have quoted an Armenian newspaper which claimed that the 41 year old was set to fly to the country’s capital Yerevan from Barcelona a flight which included a stopover in Dusseldorf on May 24th. As we now know that was the flight which, tragically never made it to its final destination.

The British newspaper reported that Berger was due to be on the flight but missed his departure time because of a delay in Spain. The Czech international was supposedly due to fly on to Armenia to appear in a friendly to mark the 60th birthday of Khoren Hovhannisyan, an Armenian footballer.

According to news.am, “the player is in a state of shock and is not going to fly in the near future.”

As you may have guessed by now, the story is a complete an utter fabrication. Berger has taken to Twitter in the past hour to hit out at the reports which are in very bad taste considering the real human tragedy that has occurred.

• 2 weeks later...

What was there to mention?

I dunno but I would expect at least a sentence. To spend the whole time talking about Man U and not say a word about Villa is ridiculous

Edited by Arj Guy

• 2 weeks later...

More razor sharp punditry from the BBC on MotD2 in the Newcastle vs Spurs game. Jason Roberts wondering where Spurs would be without Harry Kane's 30 goals, Lawro lamenting Newcastle for not pressing Spurs in their own half. It's quite a common tactic not to press the opposition on their own half, dickhead.

I like Lawro, he's a bit different from all these interchangeable ones they have on now Kilbane/Neville/Murphy etc. that just come out with the same generic shite, and yes I can guess that I'm in the minority there.

Danny Murphy on Talksport this morning was very good.

Journo comes on to do the back pages and starts talking about the sadness of Gerrard not fulfilling his dream blah blah blah.

Murphy says "Anyway, Stop talking about Gerrard, he won't be there, its over. Can we talk about Aston Villa and how fantastic they were"

• Like 3

I like Lawro, he's a bit different from all these interchangeable ones they have on now Kilbane/Neville/Murphy etc. that just come out with the same generic shite, and yes I can guess that I'm in the minority there.

I don't mind Lawro as a pundit. 

He's a bit of a tit, but he's fine to be honest.

It's as a co-commentator that i hate him. He is genuinely awful. I'd do a better job than him

Â