Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Interesting to see Bruce call him a 'model proffesional' and dyche have positive comments on his 'desire' and 'will to work'. Although, I'm sure all the members on here have far better knowledge than 2 well respected managers in the game.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Interesting to see Bruce call him a 'model proffesional' and dyche have positive comments on his 'desire' and 'will to work'. Although, I'm sure all the members on here have far better knowledge than 2 well respected managers in the game.

He's not a model professional because he's never played left back.

Or something like that.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Still a shit footballer at the end of the day.

• Like 1

Known Ash since he was about 13/14, cousin was in same youth teams as him at Crewe. No questions of him off the field, committed, professional, works hard, no problems like many of the idiots we have had playing for Villa over the past few years..... Shame to see him go in the manner he has, felt he may come good sooner or later, but can totally understand the criticism of him from some fans. 

Wrong club at the wrong time i think, a fair bit of expectation and the mess the club has been in since he signed doesn't help either! He will probably do well at Burnley and i wish him all the best with that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Still a shit footballer at the end of the day.

I've never denied it. Just don't get the extreme hatred just because he's not very good. It's not his fault. He always did his best for us, his best wasn't good enough. I was slated for saying this type of thing though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Came here to say this. This is like the 3rd manager + Stan Petrov to say this, but apparently we knew better from our armchairs. 

I don't think the fact he's a 'model professional' has ever been in doubt. Compared to some of the oxygen thieves we've employed, Westwood is a role model!

His performances just haven't been good enough

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't think the fact he's a 'model professional' has ever been in doubt. Compared to some of the oxygen thieves we've employed, Westwood is a role model!

His performances just haven't been good enough

Oh, but it was disputed. Think some were close to hanging themselves over it a few pages back. 

Shame on those who booed. Would love to purge you from this club.

"The 26-year-old midfielder admitted that stick from some sections of the claret and blue faithful did start to take its toll on him."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/burnleys-ashley-westwood-how-aston-12583649

*tin hat on*

With Jedinak out for 3 more games and our current midfield not quite there yet, I think I'd be starting Westwood in the next game if he was still here, behind Lansbury and Hourihane.

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Shame on those who booed. Would love to purge you from this club.

"The 26-year-old midfielder admitted that stick from some sections of the claret and blue faithful did start to take its toll on him."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/burnleys-ashley-westwood-how-aston-12583649

Damn we're embarrassing.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Damn we're embarrassing.

Hopefully this can wake some people up and make them realize that us constantly booing and attacking our players is not the way to go. But we likely will continue to completely destroy our own players and make them hate wearing the Villa shirt. 

• Like 1