Ashley Westwood

Nabby

4 hours ago, Alakagom said:

Burnley were better team against Chelsea with Westwood and Lowton in the team. Beasttt

We beat Liverpool with Chris Herd and Brett Holman in the team. 

We won an fa cup semi final with Richardson and Nzogbia playing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Jury's still out on how the Burnley fans see him, but one thing I noticed is that they're absolutely loving that they took Lowton from us. Some of them think he's even better than Trippier was for them.

Seems like he's developed and a season in the championship has probably done him good. Shame he needed to be consistently good at premier league level straight away, we didn't have other options so he had to make the jump up and hit the ground running and then maintain that pace. 

Dyche also seems like an excellent manager

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Seems like he's developed and a season in the championship has probably done him good. Shame he needed to be consistently good at premier league level straight away, we didn't have other options so he had to make the jump up and hit the ground running and then maintain that pace. 

Dyche also seems like an excellent manager

Oh, look who is here in the Westy thread. Maybe you should start Westytalk and kick it off with an apology.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Always liked Lowton.  He got caught in some silly positions sometimes, but I could never blame him too badly because he was always trying to do the right thing.

He still gave me the best Villa player performance I *may* have ever seen when we absolutely smashed Sunderland 6-1.  It says something to me when the best, most noticeable, stand out performance that night was our right back! It included a Benteke hat-trick, but I've never seen an entire game run through a right back.  I was absolutely certain at that point that he was going to be great.  Think his physicality held him back as he wasn't the strongest/fastest, but he could definitely play football. Good technique. 

It's nice to see him doing well.

On Westwood, he'll be alright for Burnley, they play on the floor and like to pass a bit - he'll do fine there with Barton the enforcer.

That was a ridiculous display from him that Sunderland game. He was magnificent and like you say, in a game where we got 6 and out striker scored a hat trick he was head and shoulders above all else. 

Westwood probably will be ok. He's now a squad player for a team whose aim the next couple of years is to just survive. He can probably just about do that role now he's in a more settled team. 

If he's a regular starter for them over the next 12 months then I think they're in trouble and fans will soon realise the complete lack of any impact he will have on their games. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That was a ridiculous display from him that Sunderland game. He was magnificent and like you say, in a game where we got 6 and out striker scored a hat trick he was head and shoulders above all else. 

Westwood probably will be ok. He's now a squad player for a team whose aim the next couple of years is to just survive. He can probably just about do that role now he's in a more settled team. 

If he's a regular starter for them over the next 12 months then I think they're in trouble and fans will soon realise the complete lack of any impact he will have on their games. 

Yea I agree with most of that :) 

I think the key point is that it's a settled side. Dyche will know what he wants Westwood to do/be - and I don't think he'll let anyone down.

Villa's problem has been, and seemingly continues to be, we don't know what we want our midfielders to do and who does what, so we just sit deep and accept getting shafted most weeks :lol:  

Edited by lapal_fan
sentence structuture was terrible, now it's just bad.