Ashley Westwood

Nabby

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't see how you can have a go at others for posting in this thread when you do exactly the same. 

Well he isn't passing comment on Westwood but rather than continuing obsession some seem to have with him even after his gone. Really not the same thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It's not the same at all. I'm not posting about Westwood.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well he isn't passing comment on Westwood but rather than continuing obsession some seem to have with him even after his gone. Really not the same thing.

So posting about Westwood in the Westwood thread is bad.

Posting about posters posting in the Westwood thread is good. 

Is that how this site works?

There's plenty of threads on this website will all sort of topics to post on. This one is about Ashley Westwood, and after Ashley Westwood played a game some people have chosen to post about Ashley Westwood. 

The obsession to me seems to come from those that don't want to post about Ashley Westwood in the Ashley Westwood thread but still read the Ashley Westwood thread and then post about posters in the Ashley Westwood thread. 

Madness.

• Like 2

He hasn't posted on poster.

He has passed comment, as have I, on the on going obsession with lambasting a player that is no longer our concern.

Nobody, including Keyblade, are saying people can't post about it, just that they don't get the on going compulsion some seem to have to do so.

That isn't off topic, it's not post on poster and it's certainly not the same as the posts  that he is commenting upon.

Like I said. It's the Ashley Westwood thread. The posts in this thread are meant to be about Ashley Westwood. 

I don't really get the interest in certain video games in the gaming section of this website. Or why people want relationship advice on a football forum in off topic. But I wouldn't go in to those threads to complain about the people posting in them.

If you're not interested in Westwood or people's opinions on Westwood then coming to the Westwood thread seems a strange obsession. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Like I said. It's the Ashley Westwood thread. The posts in this thread are meant to be about Ashley Westwood. 

I don't really get the interest in certain video games in the gaming section of this website. Or why people want relationship advice on a football forum in off topic. But I wouldn't go in to those threads to complain about the people posting in them.

If you're not interested in Westwood or people's opinions on Westwood then coming to the Westwood thread seems a strange obsession. 

Guess what, if you can't stand Westwood coming into the Westwood thread to post about him also seems like a strange obsession. That was kind of the point. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Guess what, if you can't stand Westwood coming into the Westwood thread to post about him also seems like a strange obsession. That was kind of the point. 

So you're obsessed if you give negative views in a thread? Interesting. Didn't realise this was the praise Westwood thread. Thought it was just general discussion. 

• Like 1

It's not even like I was exclusively posting about people's weird obsession with him anyway, in fact the one on the previous page was the first one. All of my posts in this thread since he left were about miscellaneous things like Steve Bruce's comments, or Burnley fans' opinions on Matt Lowton.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well, if he'd played well yesterday and people had praised him would you and keyblade have posted what you did? 

I think not. 

No, I wouldn't...no need to project. I don't care about him anymore now that he doesn't play for Villa. He could score a hattrick and I wouldn't care. The only recent former Villa players I care about are Benteke and Albrighton and Benteke only because he's my favorite player currently playing. Everyone else, it's like they were never here.

Edit: I see that you mean if other people praised him. In that case, that's another false equivalency. What would people even say apart from maybe 'he could still do a job here'? :lol:  

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well, if he'd played well yesterday and people had praised him would you and keyblade have posted what you did? 

I think not. 

I can't speak for Keyblade.

Would I have commented probably, yes. I don't generally get the continued interest in ex Villa people with the odd exception, I've said similar in the Sherwood thread.