Ashley Westwood

Nabby

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Because villa fans are the only ones that have ever booed a player? 

Not encouraging it, but every club in this world has done the same.

Their own player? For the heinous crime of not being good enough? I honestly can't think of a single set of fans who have booed a player who hasn't done something stupid or egregious beforeheand. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

*tin hat on*

With Jedinak out for 3 more games and our current midfield not quite there yet, I think I'd be starting Westwood in the next game if he was still here, behind Lansbury and Hourihane.

I agree. I'd have kept him until the summer at least when we could get a proper defensive / deep lying player in

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Their own player? For the heinous crime of not being good enough? I honestly can't think of a single set of fans who have booed a player who hasn't done something stupid or egregious beforeheand. 

Arsenal fans booed Eboue, United fans Eboue even Real Madrid fans have booed Ronaldo in the past

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No other fans? Really? Just off the top of my head...Something a lot worse than booing

Booooo

Gareth Bale's future at Real Madrid was thrown into more doubt after his white Bentley was attacked by abusive supporters.

27 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No other fans? Really? Just off the top of my head...Something a lot worse than booing

Booooo

Gareth Bale's future at Real Madrid was thrown into more doubt after his white Bentley was attacked by abusive supporters.

Right, Real Madrid fans who are world famous for being primadonnas. I stand corrected, there have been other fans, but it doesn't make it any less embarrassing. We're in an elite group of fans who booed their own players for not being good enough. Like I said, embarrassing.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

*tin hat on*

With Jedinak out for 3 more games and our current midfield not quite there yet, I think I'd be starting Westwood in the next game if he was still here, behind Lansbury and Hourihane.

Well he's not, thank **** :)

• Like 2

Blaming the fans for your own shit performances is a poor excuse. Actually heard very very little booing, a few groans when his name was called out , but not much else. Villa fans by and large don't go in for that. Wonder what his excuse will be when he doesn't measure up for Burnley.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The "best fans in the world" at anfield used to get right on to Lucas. He's been booed onto the pitch, too.

Its monumentally daft, but from time to time it happens everywhere.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DK82 said:

Shame on those who booed. Would love to purge you from this club.

"The 26-year-old midfielder admitted that stick from some sections of the claret and blue faithful did start to take its toll on him."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/burnleys-ashley-westwood-how-aston-12583649

What about those who have booed managers and given them stick? You should go back and read some of the stuff you posted about Sherwood. 

Can we get rid of them as well? Or is it just the ones who didn't like Westwood that we need rid of. 

So laughably hypocritical. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 01:13, meregreen said:

Actually heard very very little booing, a few groans when his name was called out , but not much else. Villa fans by and large don't go in for that. 

I'm sorry but this is completely untrue.

He was booed when his name was read on; when his name was announced as a sub. One prominent time was the Cardiff game when we were 2-1 up!

Booing your own player coming onto the pitch. 2-1 up at home!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Starting today playing against Chelsea. He will probably get the winner from a 20 yard screamer the way its going for us nowadays.

Well he's just failed to track Pedro's run through the middle and Burnley are 1-0 down already, still lots of time for the screamer though.