Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

John Percy on Twitter suggesting £5m fee agreed!

!Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is set to have a medical at #Burnley. Fee of around £5m agreed with #avfc

there'll be some happy people on here for once ;)

Can't be real, we are being trolled. It's not even April the 1st either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

A decent signing by us

£750000 sold for £5m. Joined our club in the midst of one of its darkest periods in years. Thrust into the prem from league 1 and as it transpired wasn't a brilliant player. Became a massive scapegoat and I'm pleased for him that he is moving on.

Since he has been here I have witnessed some discrageful behaviour from other so called players at this club. There have been so many sub par performances from so many yet this kid took total pelters from all angles. 

Would I play him, no. Would I say there are many others that have been far worse? Yes, without doubt. 

All I have to say to Ashley is good luck with the rest of your career. Thank you for trying even if you weren't quite good enough. You never disrespected the badge when many around you did during your time here. 

Good luck Ashley 

Sums it up really. Like.

• Like 1

If its true and he signs for Burnley, then I think its a good for Villa and the player. We never had a problem with him for commitment or attitude. He's a decent player but a little lightweight. I think we should have  persisted with Bannan and not Westwood because as proved at Wednesday he has more skills and a better range of passing.

Can't think of any reason why people would hate him (that said I have seen some OTT comments but nothing vile and repugnant like people claim he is constantly getting) 

He's not a fraud,  he plays football and gets offered contracts to play football for professional football clubs,  he has done this with dedication and professionalism. 

The only issue is he really really isn't good enough to play for a Premier League team or even an ambitious Championship team.  I don't actually think he's good enough for any championship team. He is so ineffectual,  he's totally incapable of influencing the game at this level. 

I would say he was exceptionally lucky to sign for us and even luckier to get an extension because of the chaos we were in at that time. 

What Burnley have seen in him I have no idea,  it looks to me like his unbelievable luck has struck again.

I wish him all the best (other than if he plays against us) but almost nothing on earth would surprise me more than if he goes to Burnley and looks a decent premier league player who the fans enthuse over. 

I will not be at all surprised however if a year from now they feel the same as 80% of us currently do. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, KHV said:

A decent signing by us

£750000 sold for £5m. Joined our club in the midst of one of its darkest periods in years. Thrust into the prem from league 1 and as it transpired wasn't a brilliant player. Became a massive scapegoat and I'm pleased for him that he is moving on.

Since he has been here I have witnessed some discrageful behaviour from other so called players at this club. There have been so many sub par performances from so many yet this kid took total pelters from all angles. 

Would I play him, no. Would I say there are many others that have been far worse? Yes, without doubt. 

All I have to say to Ashley is good luck with the rest of your career. Thank you for trying even if you weren't quite good enough. You never disrespected the badge when many around you did during your time here. 

Good luck Ashley 

100% agree, a total professional. Good luck Ashley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They have seen plenty of examples of Dyche turning absolute rubbish into competent premier league footballers.

Any manager that could make him competent in the Premier league (or Championship for that matter) deserves to be knighted. .

Words cannot really express the extent his presence has affected us over the past 5 sad pathetic years. The worst player in our history having played above 20 games for us - the fact he's nearly done 150 is a testament to how sorry we've become. We've averaged a point a game this season with him in the team. That's relegation form. 

Others may tell me he works hard, that i don't understand football etc, but it's clear to the ,majority that he's utterly shit, a coward and I just hope he goes then we can actually move forward. If it's a loan, there's no way they'll buy him after seeing him play, but I shouldn't complain, even if it's on loan it'll still be the greatest bit business we do this winter. Up The Villa

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

So Ayew Westwood and Gestede join the Premier League ranks of Albriton, Davis, Routledge etc who some villa fans thought too poor for us while we sit here with a strong chance of another season in the Championship !!!

Itd enough to make you think people overdo their criticism of players !

All of those other players (and I'll include Bannan, Gardner, Ridgewell and Whittingham) all had some level of ability and on occassion played well for us. Westwood has stunk up this club for 5 years. The players above have all been decent solid upper end championship players, some excelling and prospering in the Premier League. Westwood has been awful in the Championship. 

He's a terrible, terrible footballer and is not worthy to be compared to any of the above. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Did all the people saying he was the worst, most disgraceful coward they ever seen play for Villa miss out on seeing the likes of Lescott and Richards arseing around behind him last season.

They're rocket polishers, not cowards. 

• Like 1

Well I'm not keen on him but every single Manager has played him, he was Captain at Crewe, and is now going to a club in the Premier League for a lot of money.

Maybe it's just possible he isn't as bad as you say ? Or of course maybe you are a better judge than all them.

But  I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you !

• Like 1