Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They have seen plenty of examples of Dyche turning absolute rubbish into competent premier league footballers.

Yeah that right back they have seems decent, plenty of chances created for them this season. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So Ayew Westwood and Gestede join the Premier League ranks of Albriton, Davis, Routledge etc who some villa fans thought too poor for us while we sit here with a strong chance of another season in the Championship !!!

Itd enough to make you think people overdo their criticism of players !

Aye but I do think we have signed players who will change that, in Hourihane, Lansbury and Bree. So onwards and upwards from here.

So people don't hate Westwood on here. Absolute b*llocks. I hope he goes to Burnley and shows what a good player he could have been had his confidence not been wrecked by the football experts on here.

• Like 4

He is a dire midfielder, League One at best, and he will be dire for Burnley. £5m is about £6m more than he is worth and it is absolutely hysterical and astonishing that this is even something that could possibly happen.

The worst midfielder I have ever seen play for us. Good riddance you absolute cretinous wage-stealing fraud of a footballer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

He is a dire midfielder, League One at best, and he will be dire for Burnley. £5m is about £6m more than he is worth and it is absolutely hysterical and astonishing that this is even something that could possibly happen.

The worst midfielder I have ever seen play for us. Good riddance you absolute cretinous wage-stealing fraud of a footballer. 

Listen, I think he's crap, but...

Wow.

• Like 1

Wish him all the best. Always gave his all and, unlike a lot of others last season, didn't surrender. He's been the scapegoat for a lot of fans whereas I believe there have been plenty of other players, both last season and this, who have played much worse and got away without being the victim of some horrendous abuse. 

I'm v.pleased we have brought in the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane but I wish Westwood all the best with the rest of his career and will look out for him at Burnley. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So Ayew Westwood and Gestede join the Premier League ranks of Albriton, Davis, Routledge etc who some villa fans thought too poor for us while we sit here with a strong chance of another season in the Championship !!!

Itd enough to make you think people overdo their criticism of players !

What did ayew, gestede and Westwood do to A) keep us in the league and B) get us in with a good chance of being promoted?

If premier league teams want to buy them then great. I'll save my regret for players leaving who actually contribute. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Outside of his first season he has shown very little for us. He has an uncanny ability to have zero effect on a football match, offering nothing going forward and very little defensively, he has frankly gotten worse over his time here and with the drop in level this season you would have expected him to look good, but alas he has been just as shite as he was for us in the premier league, if not worse. Very poor player and a very poor signing for Burnley, very good business for us though.

That first bit is so true. 

I imagine Burnley fans will like him to start with. He'll keep the ball and play some nice passes. But if he's consistently picked they'll soon see the complete lack of any impact he has on the game. 

• Like 1

Delighted hes going, in all my time supporting Villa, he is the player I have disliked the most. I feel he got a free pass for so long because he was a English lad. I wish him well, but dont see anything other than what he offered Villa through the years. I actually dont see him getting a lot of game time with the players already at Burnley

• Like 1

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12749&start=50

hes solid in the middle doesn't give ball away much, not a creative player a battler, a midfield defensive player , perfect cover for marney,

also not strong in the air talking to a villa mate,

Which of you have been giving him this information?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1