Ashley Westwood

Nabby

When did Westwood sign his last contract? 

Would be interested to see if he improves with decent, energised midfield players around him, it could be his epiphany, I reckon he could well step up, but not sure he will be our Carrick.

.......damn I'm feeling positive!

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

I'm looking forward to him getting a few minutes somewhere down the line in a team that doesn't look terrified. He could recover somewhat I think. A better footballer than Gary Gardner for example; he'd be more useful to keep around than him IMO.

He's been with us the entire way through the worst period of the last 25 years. And we've been an absolute match made in hell. He's been crap for us, and we've broken him. No confidence, worse technique than when he was 22, awful, awful, awful.

One thing most disagree with is that he hides away on the pitch. I think he usually tries to do the right thing and show, and get something going. Sadly, it generally goes wrong for him, just like everything else with Aston Villa in the last few years.

Overall, it's probably best if he moves on, and tries to make it elsewhere.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm looking forward to him getting a few minutes somewhere down the line in a team that doesn't look terrified. He could recover somewhat I think. A better footballer than Gary Gardner for example; he'd be more useful to keep around than him IMO.

He's been with us the entire way through the worst period of the last 25 years. And we've been an absolute match made in hell. He's been crap for us, and we've broken him. No confidence, worse technique than when he was 22, awful, awful, awful.

For me, other players don't make midfielders look good. I think midfielders tend to make other players look good.

It's Westwood's job to make other players look good by doing his job well. He looks a long distance behind Lansbury and Hourihane and IMO he won't reach their level. I've seen nothing to suggest that he will.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

For me, other players don't make midfielders look good. I think midfielders tend to make other players look good.

It's Westwood's job to make other players look good by doing his job well. He looks a long distance behind Lansbury and Hourihane and IMO he won't reach their level. I've seen nothing to suggest that he will.

No chance he'll reach their level, no.

But I hope he doesn't look the disaster area he's been for so long. I think he's better than that.

Can we stop bumping this thread please, I get my lube, tissues/sock and Donald Trump pussy grabbers weekly at the ready just in case he's fakked 'orf, only to lose my semi when it's more debate on whether he's shit or not! He is, he really is shit. 

Edit: I bumped the thread and disappointed myself :( 

Edited by Hoof hearted
  • Like 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

No chance he'll reach their level, no.

But I hope he doesn't look the disaster area he's been for so long. I think he's better than that.

TBH, I'm hoping we've seen the last of him in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

Can we stop bumping this thread please, I get my lube, tissues/sock and Donald Trump pussy grabbers weekly at the ready just in case he's fakked 'orf, only to lose my semi when it's more debate on whether he's shit or not! He is, he really is shit. 

With his contract, he's going nowhere! Sorry, Hoof!!!

1 minute ago, poitier said:

i'm still hopeful that he can contribute positively in a more balanced/better midfield, but surely only as a squad player now. 

Damn it! I was mid vinegar stroke and Captain Sensible posts this^. You monster!!

• Like 1

On 23/01/2017 at 06:10, darrenm said:

We should be able to filter out posts by regular expression. So I can not see any post which includes the term 'he's shit' because any opinion delivered using terminology like that rather than a coherent argument isn't worth my time reading.

This sums up feelings perfectly

All of the midfielders we have /are signing this January have more goals at this just over halfway point of the season than Westy has in his whole Villa Career. 

• Like 1

I don't hate him, he seems a good bloke and I wish him no ills but unless he is willing to step up in a bid to keep up with the improved midfield signings then he needs to leave for the sake of what is left of his career. 

As average/awful as he has been, I respect him for not giving up, not turning on the fans (which he has every right to do so tbf) and for just trying to get on with things. Fair play to him for that. Good professional and I genuinely wish him good luck whether he stays and tries to kick on or leaves for pastures new.

• Like 4