Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Just now, DCJonah said:

I've seen some of them now. But some of them came after the massive defence posts. There really wasn't that much before. 

Some positive posts in there as well. 

Sure, there's positive posts, I didn't say there wasn't. 

I was just responding to you saying nobody had criticised him when they clearly have. That's why people get a bit arsey.

And like I said, you were fighting a similar battle in the gabby thread so if you're asking why people are defensive of Westwood, ask yourself the same question about gabby and you'll have your answer. It'll be something like "players deserve credit when they play well, even if they're usually terrible"

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sure, there's positive posts, I didn't say there wasn't. 

I was just responding to you saying nobody had criticised him when they clearly have. That's why people get a bit arsey.

And like I said, you were fighting a similar battle in the gabby thread so if you're asking why people are defensive of Westwood, ask yourself the same question about gabby and you'll have your answer. It'll be something like "players deserve credit when they play well, even if they're usually terrible"

I've just read it again. 

There is no criticism of him after the game before the big defensive posts. There was one post by pieface which really wasn't that bad or worthy of jump to his defence. He even said he had a decent game. 

Like I said, the need to defend him came out of nowhere. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I've just read it again. 

There is no criticism of him after the game before the big defensive posts. There was one post by pieface which really wasn't that bad or worthy of jump to his defence. He even said he had a decent game. 

Like I said, the need to defend him came out of nowhere. 

I don't really know what posts you mean to be honest.

I can't see anything massively defensive of him apart from "jackbauer"'s post, which was a rather good one.

Unless you're counting gharperr's bizarre rant, but I genuinely think his posts are defending his perception of how to use stats rather than Westwood :D 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really know what posts you mean to be honest.

I can't see anything massively defensive of him apart from "jackbauer"'s post, which was a rather good one.

Unless you're counting gharperr's bizarre rant, but I genuinely think his posts are defending his perception of how to use stats rather than Westwood :D 

Yeah, they're the two I'm referring to. 

Leaping to his defence after a performance he was praised for. It seems to be a thing with this player. 

Fair enough. The Jackbauer one I can understand but still i think that's a well written post and he's just speaking generally, he's just chosen to write it after that game. It's easy to see why a good performance would prompt him to write that.

As for gharperr's posts, I can see why you're annoyed by them but they have very little to do with Westwood :D 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough. The Jackbauer one I can understand but still i think that's a well written post and he's just speaking generally, he's just chosen to write it after that game. It's easy to see why a good performance would prompt him to write that.

As for gharperr's posts, I can see why you're annoyed by them but they have very little to do with Westwood :D 

It's a ridiculous rant but he's clearly jumping to Westwoods defence in it.

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a ridiculous rant but he's clearly jumping to Westwoods defence in it.

I think he's just defending statistics in the face of what he thinks is misuse of them. Pretty sure he's said he hadn't even seen him play this season. Westwood just happens to be the subject of those stats in this instance :lol:

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

That's what I love about the rare Ashley Westwood good performance, it brings out these types of posts to somehow defend all the bad ones. 

It's also this shit.

Personally, I like it when a player plays well because it's good for Aston Villa - not to suit some personal vendetta so I can argue on a message board.

Edit:  Also, the overused "defending Westwood", "Westwood supporters" etc. etc.  Just the same old garbage for 580+ pages from the same old posters.  Boring.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

And this is Westwood's fault personally because . . . ?

Still not his fault he's shit, it's the fault of Lerner that we ever had to sign a player as shit as he is and stick with him for years and years and years and years...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:
17 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I didnt see the game today

But when it all went to shit, you just hope that someone stands up and is counted.

And thats the problem with Ashley F*******g Westwood.

That's pretty much proof of scapegoating, right there. Someone who didn't see the game deciding that the problem was Ashley Westwood.

Technically he's saying not standing up to be counted is a problem with Westwood not that Westwood was the the problem.

Yes, there's the odd OTT post on both sides but that's not proof he's a scapegoat. There's a few people who think kozak is a natural goal scorer but it would be daft to use them as proof that this is a view the majority of fans hold. 

General criticism of his play in recent years has been justifiable. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Still not his fault he's shit, it's the fault of Lerner that we ever had to sign a player as shit as he is and stick with him for years and years and years and years...

I agree. 

I didn't understand why you were making a point about Lerner in response to @Keyblade suggesting players need to be judged on their merits. 

However, this whole page is meta 'posters writing about posters' stuff so I'll leave it there. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Technically he's saying not standing up to be counted is a problem with Westwood not that Westwood was the the problem.

Yes, there's the odd OTT post on both sides but that's not proof he's a scapegoat. There's a few people who think kozak is a natural goal scorer but it would be daft to use them as proof that this is a view the majority of fans hold. 

General criticism of his play in recent years has been justifiable. 

exactly

AW should stand up and be counted

but like the tackles - he's chicken

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

exactly

AW should stand up and be counted

but like the tackles - he's chicken

Overall, fine.  But coming to that conclusion about today's game having not even seen it?  **** hilarious.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

But after reading a few reports and opinions on here I can safely say I'm p**** off to find out we were 2-0 up at home and draw 2-2.

F*** what a pile of shite.

So from everybodys heresay we played well the 1st half and Westwood did well

Great, fantastic.

But when it all went to shit, you just hope that someone stands up and is counted. 

Overall, fine.  But coming to that conclusion about today's game having not even seen it?  **** hilarious.

@bobzy

you conveniently

left the above out

Do I have to see the game to comment on peoples comment whilst having 4 years of experience watching Westwood

Obviously you are reading what you want into what I posted instead of understanding the post

Besides

If you were there you would have seen the team (apparently) go to shit in the second half.

So tell us if AW stood up to be counted or not please

if not, comment elsewhere

We should be able to filter out posts by regular expression. So I can not see any post which includes the term 'he's shit' because any opinion delivered using terminology like that rather than a coherent argument isn't worth my time reading.

• Like 3