Ashley Westwood

Nabby

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I didn't say he was good or bad, just that he fit the description you stated. You don't have to be particularly amazing to fit a system and be effective.

Too much emphasis on system's . It's ridiculous. Huddersfield are top  because, from what i see anyway, they have an unbelievable work ethic on and off the ball + they do the basics very well. Systems can't hide or mind poor players, they'll always be found out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Too much emphasis on system's . It's ridiculous. Huddersfield are top  because, from what i see anyway, they have an unbelievable work ethic on and off the ball + they do the basics very well. Systems can't hide or mind poor players, they'll always be found out.

Okay man, I was just going by your quote. Judging by it, it seems Westwood will feature under Bruce.

Anyway a system is exactly what we need at this point. Nobody knows what they're doing on the pitch and we need to get back to basics.

20 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I tend to agree on this.....while you need a system & method ....too much emphasis for me.

I agree with you, doing the basics well, will take you a long way....getting ALL players contributing and playing as a team is also crucial.

Getting the tactics right in the absence of so many other things won't save a fault ridden  team.

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Okay man, I was just going by your quote. Judging by it, it seems Westwood will feature under Bruce.

Anyway a system is exactly what we need at this point. Nobody knows what they're doing on the pitch and we need to get back to basics.

Agreed but my point is your pissing into the wind with talk of systems if we have players who lack decent footballing ability and make mistakes, consistently. Systems won't mask over that if poor players aren't replaced.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Agreed but my point is your pissing into the wind with talk of systems if we have players who lack decent footballing ability and make mistakes, consistently. Systems won't mask over that if poor players aren't replaced.

Perhaps you're right. But we damn sure need some semblance of a system in place regardless of the quality of our personnel.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think Gardner will take his spot in the next few weeks, he has a higher ceiling that Westwood ability wise.

Gardner looks absolutely awful to me, about the only thing he has in his locker is a good shot, other than that his passing is shite and he has virtually no pace or athleticism. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Gardner looks absolutely awful to me, about the only thing he has in his locker is a good shot, other than that his passing is shite and he has virtually no pace or athleticism. 

A massive upgrade on Jedinak then :D

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Unfortunately given the crowded schedule and other options it won't last. But a great start to see him on the bench. 

He should be starting next game - Jedinak and Tshibola have had woeful games.