Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

He looked ok, but he shouldn't be starting ahead of N'Zogbia. 

Its called tactics innit. Bowery did a lot of work today, and he's a big guy suited to away at Stoke—he won a lot of headers. We dominated that game so seems it worked. 

A wingers job isn't winning headers.

He wasn't a winger, so that's ok. 

Its called tactics innit. Bowery did a lot of work today, and he's a big guy suited to away at Stoke—he won a lot of headers. We dominated that game so seems it worked. 

Your tactical nous clearly knows no bounds.

lay off the fella, he played well today. Some unwarranted stick he's getting on here and I'm unsure to what he's done wrong. Even in the game he started at VP he didn't do too bad, He's playing on the right of a forward 3 and he's really an out and out striker. As somebody has already said, pleasantly surprised.

He played RW for his previous club many times.

Right forward and right wing are different positions... but anyway going from league 2 to the premier league, give the guy a break!

He stuck to his game plan well enough, held the ball resonably well when required to, link up play was ok but by no means perfect. Clearly pace and doing the hard graft, running around like we see Weimann doing, aren't among his talents. I'm sure it was as much a surprise to him as it was to many of us that he was given a starting birth today, so under the circumstances, yeh, the kid did alright.

He wasn't a winger, so that's ok. 

Yes he was a winger today.

lay off the fella, he played well today. Some unwarranted stick he's getting on here and I'm unsure to what he's done wrong. Even in the game he started at VP he didn't do too bad, He's playing on the right of a forward 3 and he's really an out and out striker. As somebody has already said, pleasantly surprised.

He played RW for his previous club many times.

Right forward and right wing are different positions... but anyway going from league 2 to the premier league, give the guy a break!

We didn't use a right forward formation. Lamberts favourite formation is 4231. Gabby was LW/LM, Weimann was CAM/CF and Bowery was RW/RM.

this kid is definitely improving which is good to see, and playing him in different positions can only be a good thing, no matter where hes asked to play or how hes asked to play, so what does it matter? im still undecided whether he will fully make it though

Thought he did pretty well today. Right midfield is clearly not his natural position but he put a decent shift in.

We haven't seen too much of him but when he has played overall he has done OK especially when you consider his age and the level he had played at previously.

one thing ive just noticed that i should of put in my previous post, just watching motd, he went to ground quite a few times, youd think with his strength he could bully other players instead, i hope he doesnt become another heskey

He did well today... I'm sure that if he had a bit more confidence, or a longer run in the team, he would have put one or two of his chances away today. Decent squad player based on todays performance though it was against an absolutely woeful Stoke team.

MOTD really isn't a fair reflection on a player's performance, is it? I'm not saying he was awful or great, I thought he did well. It does bug me when players are judged on a 10 minute highlight reel.

Anyway, pointless stat: He's started 3 games and we've won them all.

MOTD really isn't a fair reflection on a player's performance, is it? I'm not saying he was awful or great, I thought he did well. It does bug me when players are judged on a 10 minute highlight reel.

Anyway, pointless stat: He's started 3 games and we've won them all.

Speak to Con... this isn't a pointless stat at all... it's actually one of the most important reasons why Bannan could play for Barcelona.

• Like 2

Not been impressed with bowery all season and think he looked pretty awful all season every time he has played. must give him some praise after saturday though because I was worried when he started but I thoight he did well against stoke. by far and away the best he has played so far and he could have had a couple of goals.

from the highlights he looked good, had a hand in first goal and caused a few first half problems.

main reason he played vs West Ham and Stoke is to add an aerial presence which is a major weakness and these are long ball teams. 2 games 2 wins :D

Â