Joe Bennett

Si.

I can't agree that it's a low priority position. If we sell Bennett, Luna and Cissokho, we will have only Richardson, who's not really a left-back and is getting on, and Kinsella, who's never played a senior game, to cover that position, with I suppose Baker and Clark as absolute emergency options. That simply isn't good enough, we need to invest heavily in a left-back who will be 'the answer' for several years. In fact I think it's the number one priority. 

If someone is offering a decent fee for Bennett then we should sell before they realise he's substandard!

Actually, I think he would do OK at Championship or League 1 level.

Edited by briny_ear

I'd bin off Bennett and Luna. Could get about 3mil combined for the pair of them that could go toward some of these players we're trying to get.

I doubt that. Nobody is going to be taking Luna off our hands in a hurry. One year left on his deal so can see him paid off.

Might get 1m for Bennett...

I can't agree that it's a low priority position. If we sell Bennett, Luna and Cissokho, we will have only Richardson, who's not really a left-back and is getting on, and Kinsella, who's never played a senior game, to cover that position, with I suppose Baker and Clark as absolute emergency options. That simply isn't good enough, we need to invest heavily in a left-back who will be 'the answer' for several years. In fact I think it's the number one priority. 

Cissokho is fine as a premier league standard defender, it's just that Sherwood dosen't rate him otherwise he'd be ideal back up for new lb.

I only meant it in the terms if we can't get amavi then Richardson starting the first three league games hardly means we're going to automatically lose, we won v Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham and Everton in the team so he's no jinx.

As I've said I certainly don't want him being first choice next season but can see him starting the first 3 games and then us signing someone close to the deadline like we did with Warnock a few years back.

We are likely to have 2 new defenders and maybe a new GK, we need them in early so they can gel over pre-season. 

Our current LB options aren't good. Richardson I would keep, sell the rest.

Edited by AndyM3000

I'd bin off Bennett and Luna. Could get about 3mil combined for the pair of them that could go toward some of these players we're trying to get.

I doubt that. Nobody is going to be taking Luna off our hands in a hurry. One year left on his deal so can see him paid off.

Might get 1m for Bennett...

could probably loan Luna somewhere though. Somebody in SPain might take him

• 3 weeks later...
Â