Joe Bennett

Si.

I'm in a very small minority but personally I think there is the makings of a good player in there.

Me too.

I don't know how to judge his performance Yesterday tbh. The game was already lost, and I think that Baker was to blame for the amount of space their forwards were getting on the left side.

There's no use having two 'wingbacks' if they're always in defence. You need them to not be afraid of going forward, otherwise we'll just be over-run in midfield.

If we stick with the 3-5-2, we'll see much better performances from Bennett, I'm sure of it.

(Though... we'll probably ditch the 3-5-2 now!)

Saw nothing yesterday to change my opinion of him. On current performances, he won't make it - dreadful when defending. However, Lambert seems keen to play him whenever he is available, so we just have to hope something changes.

We need a new left back, Bennett, Stevens and Lichaj are all sub standard

I think Bennett has more potential than any of our other FBs, seems technically competent, attack-minded and little things he does suggest to me that he's smart, but he's a long long way from the finished article and he wasn't what we really needed at this point in time

We need a new left back, Bennett, Stevens and Lichaj are all sub standard

Agree .. Stevens I doubt will ever make it here maybe i'm being harsh but we already have Lichaj and Bennett trying to "learn" and "grow" think we need an established LB (someone like Vlaar) and no that doesn't mean calling Warnock back he should be sold asap.

So many posts in this thread remind me of when O'Neill signed Milner and he struggled in his first season.

Milner had clear potential. Bennett is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot

Â