Joe Bennett

Si.

As a Bennett supporter I agree with this. I think he will come good, I dont think he has. Therefore does not yet deserve a new deal.

I agree he doesn't deserve a new deal - yet. Hope he earns himself one this season. I was only pointing out that he's done about as well as Clark, who did somehow manage to get himself a new deal. I guess my real question isn't "Why didn't Bennett get a new deal?" but rather "Why did Clark get a new deal?"

A new haircut would go a long way toward improving his reputation.  If you're going to look like a narcissistic pop star you need to have something special in your locker to avoid appearing a bit of a prat.

As a Bennett supporter I agree with this. I think he will come good, I dont think he has. Therefore does not yet deserve a new deal.

I agree he doesn't deserve a new deal - yet. Hope he earns himself one this season. I was only pointing out that he's done about as well as Clark, who did somehow manage to get himself a new deal. I guess my real question isn't "Why didn't Bennett get a new deal?" but rather "Why did Clark get a new deal?"

No idea on that one. Lambert made Clark captain and stuck with him through some pretty dark days. Clearly he sees something in him. I dont know what to be honest.

Update actually the physioroom says he has a thigh injury. I hope that is the reason he isnt in the squad. I want to see competition for spots not the lad frozen out.

edit: above^ k thanks!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

He definately has ability on the ball, but he just seemed short of confidence last year. He also seemed scared to attack down his wing (again, probably down to confidence).

He'll probably benefit from being Luna's backup. He can make some appearances in the cups or when Luna is injured, and hopefully he can improve his all-round game without having the fear that he could cost us our Premier League place!

His performance against Norwich last season is one of the most baffling I have ever witnessed. Should have been sent off twice over really but still didn't discourage him from tugging every shirt in sight. Just kept at it. The penalty he eventually gave away was so inevitable. Never seen such a liability and I saw the whole career of Bernie Gallagher god rest his soul

His performance against Norwich last season is one of the most baffling I have ever witnessed. Should have been sent off twice over really but still didn't discourage him from tugging every shirt in sight. Just kept at it. The penalty he eventually gave away was so inevitable. Never seen such a liability and I saw the whole career of Bernie Gallagher god rest his soul

It was on a par with his home performance against Norwich when he did get sent off!

Reckon you fell alseep during the three seasons of Stephen Warnock then?  ;)

Reckon you fell alseep during the three seasons of Stephen Warnock then? ;)

Stephen Warnock's first season with us, under MON was quality.

Reckon you fell alseep during the three seasons of Stephen Warnock then? ;)

Stephen Warnock's first season with us, under MON was quality.

1st 4 months maybe, after that was downhill

Â