Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Am I missing something here? How are all these other teams that won today suddenly out of it? Is there only one game left of the season?

All those teams, including ourselves are where we are because we have been fragile all season. Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich picking up points today doesn't mean they will continue to pick up points for the rest of the season. Newcastle are still stuttering and just as they look like they might pull away they get dragged back in again. These teams haven't suddenly rid themselves of all their problems, not by a long shot. 

The 3 point gap that Sunderland, Stoke and Newcastle now have could quite easily be overturned during the next round of fixtures.

• Like 3

I agree there are still some twists and turns left and at least we have goals in the team

Wigan will have the dis traction of the fa cup their players will not want to get injured for the final

I would imagine that the chance to play in the final could be once in a lifetime for some of the Wigan players whereas if they get relegated then there is a good chance that they will move clubs to stay n the premiership

Manu lose

Sunderland win

Chelsea draw

Norwich draw

Wigan draw

6 more points should do it and I would like to have those in the bag before the last day but I just do not trust WBA to get a win at home to Wigan knowing it would help us (show me I am wrong Baggies) and given there recent form as well so even should we say win against Sunderland and Norwich which is a best case prediction we would then need something at Wigan on the last day. That it has come to this is unacceptable and this is something less than the bright future we had been promised!

Edited by John

We can sugar coat it all we want but we under performed too much all season and now we have a handful of games left to save our prem status and it's looking grim. Wigan will get 3 wins home to Swansea away to baggies and prob home to us on last day this is our own fault from the chairman all the way to the fans

We can sugar coat it all we want but we under performed too much all season and now we have a handful of games left to save our prem status and it's looking grim. Wigan will get 3 wins home to Swansea away to baggies and prob home to us on last day this is our own fault from the chairman all the way to the fans

No chance.

They're shit at home.

Surely we know better than anybody that the teams who won today aren't out of it. We've been in the same position, as in we've won a game when it mattered most and then simply been dragged straight back into it. I'd say every team from Norwich and downwards (excluding QPR and Reading, they've ballsed it up already) is still in this. For us, there's still 5 games left that we can't really afford to write off any of. United will be difficult, but I'm hoping that the lads go in expecting that they can get something from it. 5/6 points, whichever way we get them, isn't a huge ask, and with our current form, it's perfectly manageable. We have quality in our side that nobody in the scrap really matches. Benteke, Gabby, Weimann, Guzan and N'zogbia (sudden burst of energy at the end of the season) will help us stay up. There's enough threat there to see us over the finish line. I just hope and pray that, if we do stay up, Lambert builds on what he's begun to create.

• Like 1

Nobody knows what's going to happen. We have the firepower up front wigan don't. I think we can win there.

Well the other teams haven't done us any favours but our attitude should be wins against Sunderland and Norwich and we are looking good. Still very much in our hands what happens and thats the most important thing.

Game believe people think we will get anything from united but a right beating. 81 points for them compared to our disgraceful 34 we have absolutely 0 chance of getting anything but a thumping off them

Yes, but they are playing poorly and have lost 1 and drawn 1 of their last few games.

I'm not saying we are favourites but I'm not seeing it as the write-off most people are. No doubt that's what Lambert will be telling the players before the match as well.

Wigan have to be feeling the pressure now. Spurs up next for them, a side with a lot to play for. 

I suppose their ace in the hole is that they only have to stay within 3 points of us to have a shot at staying up on the final day. 

In our own hands though, Sunderland and Norwich, very winnable games, I'm very confident of our chances, we will pick up 4 points from those two games. Sunderland draw, Norwich win if I had to predict.