Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Wow, watching Tottenham... Man U will be crowned champions tomorrow against us... I thought maybe we could make it interesting if City were to win today, but they are gonna go all out and wrap it up with 4 games to go I'm afraid guys.

Wow, watching Tottenham... Man U will be crowned champions tomorrow against us... I thought maybe we could make it interesting if City were to win today, but they are gonna go all out and wrap it up with 4 games to go I'm afraid guys.

Yep that was my worry..really needed city to win today

Well Spurs winning will mean they are still in the chase for 4th, and they have Wigan next.  In reality we were always likely to lose at Old Trafford regardless of todays result, this just makes Spurs want/ need to win at Wigan that little bit more.

Again, please point me to where I've blamed the fans. BG10 stated that I blamed the fans and called our entire fan-base shit so it must be true right? I've blamed numerous factors for our demise this year, not least PL's tactical naivety and consistent underperformance of the players. Randy Lerner screwed up last year without a doubt, but last summer, I feel like it was PL's tactic to buy the players he did and RL has happy to facilitate that. However in January when we needed reinforcing, the money was obviously not there so the blame lies at RL's feet.

We had 42,000 there against Liverpool and the atmosphere was dire.

Second half especially, even after a very good 1st half performance. Shame really.

Well Spurs winning will mean they are still in the chase for 4th, and they have Wigan next. In reality we were always likely to lose at Old Trafford regardless of todays result, this just makes Spurs want/ need to win at Wigan that little bit more.

Good point well made

Yep that was my worry..really needed city to win today

Spurs beating Man City and thus having more reason to try and beat Wigan now is far more important whether we stay up or not... sadly.

Again, please point me to where I've blamed the fans. BG10 stated that I blamed the fans and called our entire fan-base shit so it must be true right? I've blamed numerous factors for our demise this year, not least PL's tactical naivety and consistent underperformance of the players. Randy Lerner screwed up last year without a doubt, but last summer, I feel like it was PL's tactic to buy the players he did and RL has happy to facilitate that. However in January when we needed reinforcing, the money was obviously not there so the blame lies at RL's feet.

We had 42,000 there against Liverpool and the atmosphere was dire.

Thats down to the tickets office, Early gen sale = lots of scallys in the home end + school holiday day trippers remember how it go's?

Do they only need a point?

If so, then im going to clutch the end of a very long straw, in Fergie seems to have a soft spot for us since he has said many compimentary things about us in the past, and he is also a glaswegian like Lambert.

I know they will want to win the game, but they must feel the hard work is done, so they may be a little more relaxed.

Start praying :rolleyes:

If so, then im going to clutch the end of a very long straw, in Fergie seems to have a soft spot for us since he has said many compimentary things about us in the past, and he is also a glaswegian like Lambert.

I know they will want to win the game, but they must feel the hard work is done, so they may be a little more relaxed.

They need 3 in order to wrap it up.

I had a feeling we might be able to hold on for a draw, but with City losing they will want to just get the job done and start their celebrations. It's twice as hard for us now.

I don't think they will be doing us any favours, that's for sure.

They need 3 in order to wrap it up.

Then me straw clutching is pointless.

Ah well, lets hope its not a hammering and we give a good account of ouselves. All we can ask.

We really don't need to be looking at it that deeply

Spurs winning today to make Utd more motivated will have no affect on whether we go down or not

neither will Spurs having more to play for against Wigan

We pick up at 6 points against Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan and we stay up

if we don't and fail miserably then frankly we deserve to go down

its in our hands alone

simples

Please tell me where I've blamed our home fans

You haven't soley blamed them. You've said our home fans are shit and that the home atmosphere makes a huge difference. That to me is laying blame on our home fans. Is it not?

Again, please point me to where I've blamed the fans. BG10 stated that I blamed the fans and called our entire fan-base shit so it must be true right?

Sorry you didn't call our entire fan base shit you called the loyal fans who go to villa park week in week out shit. You called the fans who spend their money following villa each week even though the club has been run terribly shit.

Which again i find an amazing attitude for a first time season ticket holder who moans at others for getting on their high horse.

Because you can only go to VP if you have a season ticket. You can't buy tickets for individual games apparently. Why do you keep using that as a reason to have a pop at me?

I use it as a reason for maybe you shouldn't moan about our fan base.

Like i said you're more than happy to tell others to get off their high horse and then you go on a rant about how shit the fans who go to villa park are.

The fans at villa park are not the reason our premiership status may be over.

I never said they were. The fans could do more. I've seen some shocking behaviour from fans this year at VP. Likewise I've seen some shocking tactics from Lambert, some shocking mistakes from players and some shocking ownership from Lerner.

You keep making out that I've said that the fans are the reason we're going down. I just haven't said this so stop saying it.

The fans at villa park are not the reason our premiership status may be over.

I agree with you. Good job I never said this eh.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Because you can only go to VP if you have a season ticket. You can't buy tickets for individual games apparently. Why do you keep using that as a reason to have a pop at me?

Of course you can buy tickets for individual games. However, unless you only intend to go to a limited number of games then purchasing a season ticket makes more financial sense.

If you only go to a limited number of games then to accuse our fans of being shit is a bit rich as those that go to every game have been subjected (LIVE)  to every bit of shit for the last three seasons.

Have Portsmouth not been burdened with much worse ownership than us? They still go down and get behind the team. I'm not debating our fans deserve better but it's so important that we get behind the team, regardless of the past. Just taking our last 2 home games into account. Liverpool, even when we were winning it was quieter than usual. Then they equalised and it just went flat. When we're level, we should be roaring to get behind the lads, not expecting the worst. The same happened at Fulham. This isn't an extreme opinion. It's an opinion shared in post-match threads, match threads and other threads in game-specific forums. I'd go through and find people echoing my exact thoughts but it's really not that much of a big deal.

And I never specified when our home fans have been disappointing. But I meant this year. And it's completely my opinion and I apologise if people have taken offense to that.