Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

As others have said, we need to stop watching what others are doing and concentrate on our own business. Sunderland, Wigan, Norwich are the 3 important ones. If we can get 5 points from those games we will stay up. And perhaps nick a point from the chelsea and Man u games. But 5 points from those initial 3 I mentioned and there will be a Cardiff City v Aston Villa league game next season.

What terrifies more is that even winning two of those three might not be enough ! Strange but something to fear from .. In the same time we could manage to stay by less than that !

A win against Sunderland is really massive for us !

I think we must fight after tomorrow for atleast a draw and do the impossible mission ! 

Id back wigan to beat swansea and wba, giving them 37 going into the final game, think we can beat norwich and pick up a point v sunderland, losses against utd and chelsea giving us 38 going into the final game.

Next Week Norwich will play Stoke .. 

I'm not sure who I'll be with ?! Is it Stoke because they have less points ?! Or Norwich to make them play against us with their pressure ?!

Hard times .. Hope we could manage to get out of the zone ! When thinking in the Table .. Wheeeew .. We need to win against Sunderland .. But before that could the Villans do the hard call and take points from Utd ?! Would be really huge !

If we manage to do so .. Then beat Sunderland and throw them with either Stoke or Norwich And maybe Newcastle back in it !

We need to focus on Wigan and hope they struggle all games ! 

Expected the results today expect for Stoke winning away at QPR and maybe Sunderland winning at home against Everton, Norwich's win was obvious and Newcastle's draw to the Tesco bags was also in my predictions. Forgot anything bear a miracle at OT on Monday night, so increasingly looking like its between Villa and Wigan for the last relegation spot, unless Sunderland, Stoke and Newcastle get dragged back into it.

Cba looking at other team's games no more or using the predictor, its all about us 

Edited by Avflife

5 points from 5 games should be enough to keep us up. If we can't manage that then we deserve to go down.

It's not about we deserved or not .. Even if we deserved , Would you really be ok with that ?! 

+ We've really improved in our last games .. 

Last year we were really bad at the end of the season .. But we managed to stay .. hopefully we could stay this year too !

Saying that , I'm really afraid of the outcome ..

Other teams seems really far from us ! 

So Wigan have Spurs, West Brom, Swansea, Arsenal, and us left. We have United, Sunderland, Norwich, Chelsea, and Wigan. We have a three point lead and basically the same GD.

In your minds this all equates to us being screwed? Unbelievable.

Correct. If we pick up 5 points from our remaining fixtures then they will need 8, and two of their opponents are chasing Champions League spots. Today hasn't been great for us but at least it means that the worst case scenario next weekend is that we are in the bottom 3 on goal difference only. 

Southampton and sunderland looking like smart decisions to replace managers.

I hope we don't regret our decision to stick with Lambert.

Didn't do too much for QPR or Reading and I would say Southampton were looking fine before they sacked Atkins. Will give you Di Canio turning round Sunderland but it was only a year ago that MON was doing the same thing.

If we were going to sack Lambert it would have been after the Bradford/Millwall debacle week and we've done ok since then so not sure that we'd been any better off with a new manager.

• Like 1

We need at least 4 points from the Sunderland and Norwich games simple as. Not even like some of here going over reasons if we go down why we did until we are actually confirmed relegated.

Wigan have a better GD.

Wigan have a game in hand.

Wigan have form in relegation dogfights.

Wigan are at home to us last game.

Wigan have already tonked us once 3-0, should of been 6.

All of the above = welcome Championship.

Wigan have a better GD.

Wigan have a game in hand.

Wigan have form in relegation dogfights.

Wigan are at home to us last game.

Wigan have already tonked us once 3-0, should of been 6.

All of the above = welcome Championship.

1) 1 goal

2) No they don't

3) means nothing

4) Wigan are terrible at home and we have a better record away

5) See 4)

All of the above = you're chatting shit.

Aston Villa has more points, so...

Also this  :lol:

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2