Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

So Wigan have Spurs, West Brom, Swansea, Arsenal, and us left. We have United, Sunderland, Norwich, Chelsea, and Wigan. We have a three point lead and basically the same GD.

In your minds this all equates to us being screwed? Unbelievable.

The run ins are practically the same but the defining point is the goal difference.  

ATM with the goal difference being in Wigans favour all it will take is a victory at their place and they relegate us, could you see it any other way?

A point against utd is quite simply massive!

You guys will drive yourselves mad. At least Wigan lost, eh. We still were always going to have to go out and win football games. We are playing Sunderland and Norwich still, games we need to get points from, and if we do we will be amongst them too. Norwich and Stoke were playing the two worst teams in the league today, and it's not like everyone is going to lose every game to help us. There is no need to freak out. We will stay out of the relegation zone by our results, never mind the other teams. 

• Like 1

Who the game in hand against is pointless, we've both got 5 games left, we got Man Utd, Sunderland, Norwich and Chelsea before the Wigan game, and they have Spurs, West Brom, Swansea and Arsenal.

It's pretty even if you ask me, but we've got the 3 extra points.

And they play 5 games in 15 days.

Edited by Oaks
  • Like 1

So Wigan have Spurs, West Brom, Swansea, Arsenal, and us left. We have United, Sunderland, Norwich, Chelsea, and Wigan. We have a three point lead and basically the same GD.

The run ins are practically the same but the defining point is the goal difference.  

ATM with the goal difference being in Wigans favour all it will take is a victory at their place and they relegate us, could you see it any other way?

Hope Bale is back for their game against Spurs.

• Like 1

It's in Wigans favour by 1 goal though. With 5 games to go, you can't use that.

Plenty more twists to come yet.

Forget about monday, its about Sunderland. I just dont see them winning three on the bounce and Benteke will cause them problems. Win that, and we are on track. Just dont press the panic button yet guys, still a long way to go.

Finish above Wigan, and we survive.

• Like 1

Well .. The main game has gone our way .. 

Glad with that .. and with West Brom getting the draw out of Newcastle ..

I think Newcastle could really really get dragged in it .. Especially if we gained something Monday !

Not sure what to feel .. but I'm keeping faith ..

You can when you are playing man u on monday!

I really hope it doesn't come down to the final game. My heart wouldn't be able to take it.

there's no way it wont, there will be some scenario that means a win or draw will keep someone up.

You can when you are playing man u on monday!

Nope.

At the same time Wigan could easily get thrashed by some of the teams they have left to play.

The goal difference could skew either way.

I think Us + Wigan + Newcastle have the hardest run ..

Although QPR seemed Rubbish today against Stoke !

The problem is everybody is in 37 now .. 

A win or Atleast a draw against Utd and we could have a little breath ..

Sunderland game is seeming as a nightmare ! What a Di Canio they have !

• Like 1

As others have said, we need to stop watching what others are doing and concentrate on our own business. Sunderland, Wigan, Norwich are the 3 important ones. If we can get 5 points from those games we will stay up. And perhaps nick a point from the chelsea and Man u games. But 5 points from those initial 3 I mentioned and there will be a Cardiff City v Aston Villa league game next season.

Edited by Voinjama

I think I'm going to have another look in other teams fixtures ..

What I know we have : Man U and Chelsea + Sunderland , Norwich and Wigan .. All of them are played with pressure I'm afraid !

Wigan has : Spurs , West Brom , Swansea , Arsenal and Us !

Newcastle : Liverpool , QPR , Arsenal and another team ..

Will check others too ..