Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

5 points from 5 games should be enough to keep us up. If we can't manage that then we deserve to go down.

6g90z7.png

I notice how your sig changed from 'Player with the most points per game for Villa'. Wasn't that one of your big selling points for Bannan? Well it's just not true is it?

• Like 1

WBA will do us NO favours whatsoever v Wigan .

You know that for certain?

Of course not, it's an opinion, it's one I'm prepared to put money on .

So what are you prepared to put money with reference to that game?

I still think we can catch Stoke City, but all the other teams above us will stay above us.

This. Stoke play Norwich then Sunderland.

All we have to do is stay a point above Wigan.

5 points from 5 games should be enough to keep us up. If we can't manage that then we deserve to go down.

6g90z7.png

I notice how your sig changed from 'Player with the most points per game for Villa'. Wasn't that one of your big selling points for Bannan? Well it's just not true is it?

It was true when I wrote it but now I've had to update it because he's not played the last two games.

Do you have to be so pedantic?

Well, yes because you're using stats as your only argument to state that Bannan is our most important player and the very nature of stats are pedantic and specific :unsure: . 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Still very confident we will stay up. We will beat Sunderland, get at least a draw against Norwich and I wouldn't rule out us getting something against Chelsea at home. If we need to get anything at Wigan then we will get it but I think we will be safe by then.

• Like 1

A Wigan win

Okay - I'll wager £10 to either Villatalk or Acorns that Wigan don't beat WBA.

I'm gonna piggy back on this (Sorry Robbie) just to prove a point. Seeing as some have counted Monday as a game already played, if we don't get something from the game (thus vindicating their comments) then I'll contribute to VT.

Still very confident we will stay up. We will beat Sunderland, get at least a draw against Norwich and I wouldn't rule out us getting something against Chelsea at home. If we need to get anything at Wigan then we will get it but I think we will be safe by then.

I agree Mark. 

There is always the concern that you can 'peak' too early - the Fulham game was an indicator that we are not out of the woods yet. Since then Fulham have been on the end of two defeats showing that our game against them was there for the taking.

Sunderland have turned a corner at the right time, and Stoke picked up the 3 points today leaving it more or less between us and Wigan. 

If Wigan had won today we would be well and truly in it. I don't think we'll get anything at Old Trafford on Monday and that 'much win' game v Sunderland looks a lot harder than a few weeks ago.

I'm still 50/50 whether we will be relegated.

A Wigan win

Okay - I'll wager £10 to either Villatalk or Acorns that Wigan don't beat WBA.

I'm gonna piggy back on this (Sorry Robbie) just to prove a point. Seeing as some have counted Monday as a game already played, if we don't get something from the game (thus vindicating their comments) then I'll contribute to VT.

I like the cut of your jib and I'll have me some of that action too. Tenner to VT if we get nothing from Monday night.

There is always the concern that you can 'peak' too early - the Fulham game was an indicator that we are not out of the woods yet. Since then Fulham have been on the end of two defeats showing that our game against them was there for the taking.

Sunderland have turned a corner at the right time, and Stoke picked up the 3 points today leaving it more or less between us and Wigan. 

If Wigan had won today we would be well and truly in it. I don't think we'll get anything at Old Trafford on Monday and that 'much win' game v Sunderland looks a lot harder than a few weeks ago.

I'm worried that we don't have the composure to withstand the pressure of the final games. We not only threw away the win against Fulham we nearly did the same against Stoke. Only Lowton's impossible goal saved us there. We could have lost it, as the Adam substitution had looked like it had changed the dynamic of the game.

While I agree, sort of, with the claim we might have peaked too early, it should also be recognised that the games before the Fulham game were must win. Had we not have peaked in them, we would probably be out of it by now.

I'm nervous, I live in a flat with a sunderland supporter, and a loss in that game could potentially damage our young players' confidence. Having said that, we can do it, we must need two more wins I think.

Edited by VERB27