Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Whether you're in the doom and gloom camp or someone who has belief we will be okay, I hope you'll all be willing us to succeed.

Just this folks.

I'm going to hate the torrid 'I told you so' as much as the relegation if we go down

• Like 1

Whether you're in the doom and gloom camp or someone who has belief we will be okay, I hope you'll all be willing us to succeed.

Just this folks.

I'm going to hate the torrid 'I told you so' as much as the relegation if we go down

Not really, It was there for all to see at the start.

Shopping in the 2nd & 3rd divisions is also less than ideal for a top flight premiership football club that wants to survive let alone compete!

Just this folks.

Shopping in the 2nd & 3rd divisions is also less than ideal for a top flight premiership football club that wants to survive let alone compete!

Thanks for proving my point

Problem is, all of a sudden our home game v Sunderland no longer looks winnable . I think we will possibly lose or may scrape a point.

:( You blow with the wind, eh. If we lose against Man U, you'll be saying how you can't see how we'll win another game. How about having a bit of faith that we have picked up form. Sunderland are not unbeatable. 

Quite right, a couple of wins doesn't make Sunderland an unwinnable game. Poor game yesterday, Baines makes an uncharacteristic mistake, on another day they might have lost 1-0.

You can get a staggering 25-1 on Norwich, Sunderland  or stoke being relegated  - actually you can get 28-1 on stoke - makes you realize just how unlikely that is. 

They had Sunderland favourites to go down a  couple of games a go. Things can quickly chance. 28-1 is a good price might be worth a wager

• Like 1

Just this folks.

Thanks for proving my point

Common sense pal,

However i have a great idea,

If we manage to stay up lets do all again next season as lambert is a tactical genius because we didnt get relegated.

An exciting and entertaining season its been so i read :bang:

• Like 2

After looking at both Wigan and our fixtures until we play them at the DW on the final day of the season, think Wigan will get 4 points (beat Swansea, draw to Spurs and lose to both Baggies and Arsenal) and we will get 6 (beat Sunderland and Norwich and lose to Chelsea). Leaving Villa with 40 points and Wigan 35, so anyone with a brain can work that out we are safe :)

Baggies have been shit for a while.. Yesterday the first half they were terrible honestly it looked like they had already packed up for the season... Wigan can quite easily beat them..

Once this weekends fixtures are over then Wigan will have a game in hand.. Really could've done with defeats for Sunderland and stoke yesterday to keep them down with us..

Goal difference coul be a decider and those 3 straight heavy defeats over Christmas could cost us dearly

We just need to try and keep it together for a few more weeks. The fans are brilliant at all of our games. The singing in the holte was awesome against Fulham. I can't remember which chant it was but there was a point where it just went on for a while and there were people there trying to get everyone on their feet.

Just a few more weeks to go, let's see if we can get through this with our premier league status in tact. Our team is playing well and we are a little harder to beat, we can score goals to.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Tayls

Yes so were QPR when we met them. Sunderland are no great side, they have been given a lift by their new manager but its game we can definitely win.

I think its a game we can win and they'll view it as a game they can win.

Its a disgrace that we actually have to worry about games like this for the long term future of our club.

If we go down this season it will be a long time before we get back in the premier.

This should be for a thread next season or hopefully a thread that doesn't exist.

As there are only 3 promotion places from 24 teams it's not likely to be easy. Some teams disappear for decades, others seem to bounce straight back up. I don't see how anyone can say anything with any certainty.

This argument that we're 'going down because of Lambert buying lower league players' is absolutely shit.

You do know he bought 3 first teamers from the lower leagues? (And Bowery)

Westwood? Success. Even our most negative posters admit that. Lowton? Success. Bennett? Took a bit of time to bed in but has only made the LB slot his own now. Even Bowery (who I'm not counting because I doubt he was bought for much first team action in mind), has made more of a positive impact than a negative one.

It's just another stick to beat Lambert with, by people, as Kwan said will come crawling out of the woodwork and revel in the 'I KNEW WE'D GO DOWN. I WASN'T JUST BEING NEGATIVE'. It's pathetic that their first thoughts won't be of, 'aww we went down', but of, 'wooooo i can vindicate my unerring negativity on an online forum!'

How about cutting all that shit out and actually supporting the team and the manager because we need all the support we can get. 

This argument that we're 'going down because of Lambert buying lower league players' is absolutely shit.

Westwood? Success. Even our most negative posters admit that. Lowton? Success. Bennett? Took a bit of time to bed in but has only made the LB slot his own now. Even Bowery (who I'm not counting because I doubt he was bought for much first team action in mind), has made more of a positive impact than a negative one.

It's just another stick to beat Lambert with, by people, as Kwan said will come crawling out of the woodwork and revel in the 'I KNEW WE'D GO DOWN. I WASN'T JUST BEING NEGATIVE'. It's pathetic that their first thoughts won't be of, 'aww we went down', but of, 'wooooo i can vindicate my unerring negativity on an online forum!'

How about cutting all that shit out and actually supporting the team and the manager because we need all the support we can get.

First of all this is a forum. What you post on here has zero effect on the team so your call for people to actually support the manager and team on here is pathetic.

Your second pathetic point is where you are having a moan at posters for what you predict they'll do if we are relegated. Thats just brilliant.

You may not think lambert's signings have been an issue but others do. To dismiss it as rubbish is ridiculous when you look at this season.

• Like 1

Yes, but I'm presuming the majority of people who post on here actually go down and that negativity resonates throughout Villa Park. It's a horrible place to play football I presume because our fans are shit.

Because they've been doing it all year John, yourself included.

I do think some of Lambert's signings have been an issue. However, using the 'lower league' argument is a complete nonsense, because his signings from the lower leagues have made more of a positive impact on this season than his signings from abroad (Benteke withstanding) and the players already here. Don't let that stop you from completely twisting my words though.

Serious question like, But if it was houiler or mcduff that had built this squad and there league position would you be saying the same thing?

Or as you like to put it 'Spout complete and utter shit'?