Rino8

i know its relatively off topic but I just don't understand how celebrities and/or professional athletes drive drunk. They all have the money to hire a private driver for themselves, as well as all of their(their team's) supporters that would most likely drive them themselves for free etc. And then the next day they are able to go back to their job in without any punishments.  If i was ever a coach/manager and one of my players did that, I would immediately suspend them

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

i know its relatively off topic but I just don't understand how celebrities and/or professional athletes drive drunk. They all have the money to hire a private driver for themselves, as well as all of their(their team's) supporters that would most likely drive them themselves for free etc. And then the next day they are able to go back to their job in without any punishments.  If i was ever a coach/manager and one of my players did that, I would immediately suspend them

I think it's the NFL that have drivers on call for their players. So many come from poor back grounds they don't know how to handle the money and fame and do stupid things. Still unable to organise their own private hire the clubs do it for them.

If a player is charged with drink driving then they should get a 6 month ban from playing all football and a huge fine in line with their salary (say a months salary)

That might make them think twice. 

• Like 1

Sports associations shouldn't need to be implementing these punishments, it's time our driving laws were toughened up.

I'd be happy with a custodial sentence for a first offence of drink driving, and a driving ban for years after release, if not permanently. It's a privilege, being authorised to drive a vehicle which can easily take people's lives, we should be much more liberal with taking away that privilege when people show that they can't be trusted.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a mandatory ban of X games for drink driving convictions, perhaps even linked to the offence. So for instance larger bans for the worst offences or repeat offenders.

The criminal punishments are deterrent to players, unless they are custodial they make no difference to them but missing games bloody would.

• Like 1

just saw the Klopp interview now, he is as bad as Guardiola. another tosser who is in love with himself but just a big moan when doesnt get his way. not his 1st tantrum since getting to England

maybe he should do his research on English football before takign the job just like Pepsi should have

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Terrible result for them today, they could've put some serious pressure on Chelsea.

I see Sturridge was limping again at the end...they badly need Coutinho back.

Serious pressure on Chelsea? I don't think Chelsea would have given a monkey's if Liverpool had won today.

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Serious pressure on Chelsea? I don't think Chelsea would have given a monkey's if Liverpool had won today.

I reckon they would, a win today and it would make it 16wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in the last 20 games. That's title challenging form over a season.

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It would've been a 3 point gap with Chelsea then playing one of their most difficult fixtures of the season (haven't won at WHL since 2012).

Of course Chelsea are favourites but they do actually have quite a few difficult away games to negotiate in the second half of the season....got to go to Spurs, Everton, Man. United, Liverpool, Stoke and Burnley still where no one is getting an easy game this season.

Liverpool have actually played the most aways of any team this season.

They massively blew it today.

Yes agreed on maths and fixtures etc I just honestly don't think Chelsea in their current form would be bothered. Irrespective of the result against Spurs.

When you are winning the number of games in a row they are you aren't thinking about the competition.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes agreed on maths and fixtures etc I just honestly don't think Chelsea in their current form would be bothered. Irrespective of the result against Spurs.

When you are winning the number of games in a row they are you aren't thinking about the competition.

Correct, but Conte/Chelsea will know that the run will end at some point and they may have a blip.

• Like 1

Only thing I'd say on that....Chelsea have won near enough a record amount of games in a row....and they're still only 5 points clear. We're not talking 10-12 points as they were two seasons ago when Mourinho was in charge or some of the leads Man. United had in Fergie seasons.

All it would take would be for Chelsea to draw with Spurs, lose whoever they're playing after than and Liverpool to win their next two and it would be level on points.

League is far from over....Chelsea won't keep on winning forever that would be what 32 games won in a row? The great Barcelona, Milan and Madrid teams weren't even doing that. TNS can though....

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Correct, but Conte/Chelsea will know that the run will end at some point and they may have a blip.

Which also applies to Liverpool.

I get the logic/maths etc but I honestly don't think Chelsea are giving Liverpool a lot of thought right now irrespective of their results. All they will be thinking about is there own games, they are players used to winning titles they aren't the sort to feel external pressure from other teams.

i used to be one of liverpool biggest haters. Especially with rodgers in charge. But now klopp is about...find it impossible to just not  sit back and enjoy the football and the man himself. Hope they win the league tbh. 

Quite a bit of my hate from them are going towards united...

what wages is he on? wenger is on like 9mil right? dont see why arsenal dont just offer that to klopp when he finally goes.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Â