Rino8

so what you're saying is that in the last 30 years liverpool have lost home ties vs wolves, reading, barnsley, palace, blackburn, coventry, bristol city, bolton and drawn at home vs west ham, bolton, portsmouth, wimbledon, blues, brighton and luton...

1ijhug.jpg

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

so what you're saying is that in the last 30 years liverpool have lost home ties vs wolves, reading, barnsley, palace, blackburn, coventry, bristol city, bolton and drawn at home vs west ham, bolton, portsmouth, wimbledon, blues, brighton and luton...

1ijhug.jpg

thats not including the shit teams they have lost in ther league against ;)

• Like 1

I love how people are saying Liverpool problems are because of Mane going ot ANC. he has been good for them but unless he returns and becomes a mix of Roy Keane, Maldini and Messi its not going to help them that much

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I love how people are saying Liverpool problems are because of Mane going ot ANC. he has been good for them but unless he returns and becomes a mix of Roy Keane, Maldini and Messi its not going to help them that much

I agree but he his a massive upgrade on sturridge and Origi.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Mane being flown back from Africa on a private jet :lol:

Id love him to have a stinker in his first game back.

Or get sent off in the first minute!

• Like 2

They said on the radio this morning that liverpool have lost 3 games in a row at home for the first time in 10yrs. 

Should they lose their next home game (which is against Chelsea) it will break a record that has stood since 1923

Edited by av1

Does Liverpool's squad compare with Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U?   Has Klopp worked miracles with the players he has at his disposal ?

The answer to the first is no and the second is yes.

Basically the tempo which Liverpool play, its not physically possible to maintain that level throughout the season unless you can bring in players as good or nearly as good as the first 11.

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Does Liverpool's squad compare with Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U?   Has Klopp worked miracles with the players he has at his disposal ?

Basically the tempo which Liverpool play, its not physically possible to maintain that level throughout the season unless you can bring in players as good or nearly as good as the first 11.

this so much....still amazing me how much people care about managers than overall club wages netspend etc etc....especially seeing it at our club under lerner...

Any top 4 finish under klopp is amazing....its very very good. no argument. They are performing above expectation  if they finish higher than 5th.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2017 at 11:09, Zatman said:

almost as if football is more complicated than what youre saying here?? dafuq...missing mane is huge. literally reason why they paid big money...his pace and ability to follow instructions is HUGE. especially when trying to mix a bunch of playmakers and pacey players in  a super high press system. 

the money klopp needs to spend for that system for defenders would be sooooooooooo much. (not many Koscielny around in this world)

you have a squad since summmer......key players go missing...you need those key players to keep performing to the level....happens every club...

happens at arsenal cazorla + sanchez. city silva + KDB   chelsea costa +hazard.

all these players are so important and will always "cover over the cracks" for a perfect team. same here as mane

Edited by gharperr

2 hours ago, gharperr said:

almost as if football is more complicated than what youre saying here?? dafuq...missing mane is huge. literally reason why they paid big money...his pace and ability to follow instructions is HUGE. especially when trying to mix a bunch of playmakers and pacey players in  a super high press system. 

the money klopp needs to spend for that system for defenders would be sooooooooooo much. (not many Koscielny around in this world)

you have a squad since summmer......key players go missing...you need those key players to keep performing to the level....happens every club...

happens at arsenal cazorla + sanchez. city silva + KDB   chelsea costa +hazard.

all these players are so important and will always "cover over the cracks" for a perfect team. same here as mane

Maybe he needs to adapt his system then. 

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

Is it not incredibly concerning that half way through a season they're already struggling with the demands, then? Even more so because they haven't had the Champions League to contend with. For me, the absolute fundamental part of being a good manager is striking a balance between getting the best out of a team, without demanding too much of them.

This is why Remi Garde was an absolutely awful manager for us. He wanted a group of technically limited players to try and play their way out of situations and it didn't work. Not everyone can play like Barcelona and a manager has to understand that. If Klopp's players are too tired for his style of play, then he needs a Plan B and to adapt. He's done neither to the detriment of the team

I agree that top 4 would be a good season for Liverpool. But with over 3 months of play remaining and players looking a bit jaded, a 2 point head start from now over City might not be enough IMO. I'd rather them finish top 4 than City, but I wouldn't bet on it.

44 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Is it not incredibly concerning that half way through a season they're already struggling with the demands, then? Even more so because they haven't had the Champions League to contend with. For me, the absolute fundamental part of being a good manager is striking a balance between getting the best out of a team, without demanding too much of them.

This is why Remi Garde was an absolutely awful manager for us. He wanted a group of technically limited players to try and play their way out of situations and it didn't work. Not everyone can play like Barcelona and a manager has to understand that. If Klopp's players are too tired for his style of play, then he needs a Plan B and to adapt. He's done neither to the detriment of the team

I agree that top 4 would be a good season for Liverpool. But with over 3 months of play remaining and players looking a bit jaded, a 2 point head start from now over City might not be enough IMO. I'd rather them finish top 4 than City, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Good point I think with them being knocked out of both cups he can manage the players better 2nd half of the season and they will find a 2nd wind. Competition is tough this year for top 4, only Chelsea are certain

• Like 1

They did lose their top scorer to AFCON, and this is a team very short on strikers.  Let's see where they end up.  Let's hope they beat Citeh to a top 4 place.

I do rate Klopp and the Mane loss is big. I don't think it's just losing Mane, but from how he talks Klopp's team really an awful lot on the whole team working a certain way. So losing one part is going to affect the whole since they don't really have a vice-Mane in their squad.

Edited by kurtsimonw

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I do rate Klopp and the Mane loss is big. I don't think it's just losing Mane, but from how he talks Klopp's team really an awful lot on the whole team working a certain way. So losing one part is going to affect the whole since they don't really have a vice-Mane in their squad.

And they've now established that Sturridge really is a bad-mental who is afraid to run in case he literally falls apart.

whats happened with Matip at the back too? he didnt want go to the AFCON but i still think liverpool have been unable to play him because FIFA were lurking in the background

i think they're another prem team who seem to have spent a good chunk on money on the starting 11 but then have a pretty weak squad overall

milner at LB, lucas has been playing games at CB, sturridge IMO isnt good enough, neither is origi, i really dont rate Can and he's ok as a squad player but henderson as your main CM...

Â