Rino8

I don't get the Gerrard hate as well. I've been a Villa fan for nearly a decade and can't remember a moment that Gerrard could have had that would make me dislike him. He has had a long strong career which includes winning the champions league. Yes he didn't win the league title, but he still had a great career. I am glad he is coming to Los Angeles which is my favorite MLS club. 

I don't get the Gerrard hate as well. I've been a Villa fan for nearly a decade and can't remember a moment that Gerrard could have had that would make me dislike him. He has had a long strong career which includes winning the champions league. Yes he didn't win the league title, but he still had a great career. I am glad he is coming to Los Angeles which is my favorite MLS club. 

You obviously don't remember his dive against Villa which led to a free kick which I think he scored from at the death of a game. Then he comes out and says diving isn't acceptable, even though he dives all the time. 

He's a complete twunt. 

Edited by PieFacE

I don't hate Gerrard, I actually respect him for being a damn good footballer but I draw the line at the revisionist bullshit that's been going around about him since he said he was leaving and the months before that when the meeja were banging on about how everyone wanted to see him win the league because he is everyone's favorite player

Edited by Jimzk5

I don't hate Gerrard, I actually respect him for being a damn good footballer but I draw the line at the revisionist bullshit that's been going around about him since he said he was leaving and the months before that when the meeja were banging on about how everyone wanted to see him win the league because he wasb

ay up are you andy  :D

• Like 1

You obviously don't remember his dive against Villa which led to a free kick which I think he scored from at the death of a game. Then he comes out and says diving isn't acceptable, even though he dives all the time. 

He's a complete twunt. 

His tackle on George Boateng did it for me, hated the word removed ever since.

• Like 1

He's a complete twunt. 

I remember that now that you bring it up, but it's not really anything I'd hate him for. Young dived against us and I don't hate him. 

yep that Boateng tackle did it for me, im sure Houllier even came out after game and said it wasnt a red card

Houllier said Boateng made a meal of almost getting his leg broke in two.

Rumours on Twitter tonight that Rogers has been sacked. Probably bullshit and I can't see them not waiting until after last game now.. but no smoke without fire and all that.

its actually a lot worse of a tackle than I remembered it. 1.44 in that video is classic Gerrard and commentators even praised it back then

was a great victory that day and that team had potential

Overrated, maybe. But Liverpool have 3 trophies in the past 10 years and they certainly wouldn't have won the best 2 of those if it weren't for Gerrard. He makes mistakes, lots of great players do. But he's been there at times when it really matters for Liverpool. 

Â