Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Lambert has spent his money so far, I just can't seen him spunking £13million on Fletcher.

Like many, I think Fletcher's a decent player and could do well for us if he were to come. I'd be interested to see if he and Bent would be a good partnership because I think, in theory, they'd be a good match.

But £13million is a lot of money for Steven Fletcher. Too much. I trust Lambert totally, but I'd be asking question if he spent that on Fletcher, especially if money is as tight as would appear.

I think Fletcher could be good for Villa. If Lambert wants him and £13m is what it's going to cost to get him, then that's what you pay. Can't see why people are quibbling over £3m.

Anyhow, at present we don't exactly have solid info about this, do we? Some report of something somebody said on a fan site. Sheesh.

putting the £ to one side..its all about who comes out the tunnel at vp,would fletcher score goals? yes! can go through another season of gabby not delivering again? hes injured now ffs! we need as many quality players as we can get & fletcher would be good.

If we spend the figures branding on Fletcher than I am convinced we have more money to spend. Lerner is not going to sanction 10M+ signing unless he fully intends on backing Lambert all the way. As for Fletcher it is this type of player we are crying out for. Good finisher, good in the air and a real presence up front. I'd be excited if we signed him.

I am relaxed. Even if we do bid for him and it get accepted, I would have thought he would want to leave Wolves on good terms and not leave for a local rival.

*cough* Andy Gray *cough :winkold:

He'd score goals, he'd create chances for bent, he'd win headers, he'd keep the ball when passing it around and he's proven he can perform consistently at premier league level.

I'd be very happy with this signing. Yes we could get someone with a fancy name for less but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Â