Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

Just In Time, the Transfer ITK@ITK_TRANSFER

Aston Villa have made a bid for Wolves Forward Stephen Fletcher.

He wouldn't want to actually come out with the news first though would he :P

i bet the idiot saw my post on here about what i saw on ready2go so suddenly twitters it just incase it comes off...

can't stand that guy

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd score goals, he'd create chances for bent, he'd win headers, he'd keep the ball when passing it around and he's proven he can perform consistently at premier league level.

I'd be very happy with this signing. Yes we could get someone with a fancy name for less but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Not worth it for £13m.

I'm glad some fans are warming to this signing. Lets put this in to perspective. He has scored 12 goals a season for the past 3 seasons with 30 of them coming in the league. That's an average return of 10 goals a season for teams that either got relegated or survived on goal difference. This suggest his chances would be very few and far between.

The more I think about it the more I hope we sign him.

I like him. He is approaching his prime years, has PL experience, knows where the back of the net is, an intelligent player who reads the game well and will create chances as well as score them and bring others into the game. Two good feet and good in the air. He also has another attribute that Lambert demands from his players - an excellent work rate.

Would be a good partner for Bent and around 10 - 13 mill seems about right money.

He'd score goals, he'd create chances for bent, he'd win headers, he'd keep the ball when passing it around and he's proven he can perform consistently at premier league level.

I'd be very happy with this signing. Yes we could get someone with a fancy name for less but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Not worth it for £13m.

Not really sure you'd get PL striker for much less. Abroad you would, but it's always 50 / 50 whether they turn into a cisse or an alvez.

Fletcher for 10M- 13M

or

carroll for 17M-20M

?????????????

If it's Fletcher for £13m or Carroll for £17m then I'll take Carroll please.

If it's Fletcher for £10m or Carroll for £20m then I'll have Fletcher.

Fletcher for 10M- 13M

or

carroll for 17M-20M

?????????????

I'd go along with this

Fletcher for 10M- 13M

or

carroll for 17M-20M

?????????????

What if it was Fletcher for £13m or Carroll for £20m?

Personally I'd say Fletcher.

I wouldn't say i'm against this signing but i'm not all for it either for the price quoted and the fact we have other issues (midfield and still defence).

I also think we need to look at left back before looking at strikers.

So for me this will be a deadline punt at £8m if he still around by then otherwise move on.

What if it was Fletcher for £13m or Carroll for £20m?

Personally I'd say Fletcher.

At the top end I'd probably just about go for Fletcher just because I think £20m would obliterate or possibly exceed our entire budget. I still wouldn't be able to help feeling that £13m would be a shit-ton of money for him though.

I wouldn't say i'm against this signing but i'm not all for it either for the price quoted and the fact we have other issues (midfield and still defence).

I also think we need to look at left back before looking at strikers.

So for me this will be a deadline punt at £8m if he still around by then otherwise move on.

I think it's safe to say if we are willing to pay that for him, then there is money available for the other areas.

I doubt very much Lambert would spunk the last of his kitty on fletcher and not strengthen other areas that he knows need addressing

if fletcher is costing 13m to play with bent im happy

if hes buying him to sit on the bench and be a back up then its not worth it

I also think we need to look at left back before looking at strikers

we do need to look at lb but in all honesty we would have to pay somebody to take that joke of a defender off us

Â