Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

I don't actually think £10 million is THAT overpriced. He's 25, proven he can score goals in the Premier League with a team that isn't exactly blessed with creativity bar Jarvis' crosses and he's a striker and strikers are always valued higher than any other position.

I think he's a good player and I think he'd do well enough if he came here but we could maybe find someone more exciting and less expensive in Europe perhaps. Whether the player would adjust to the Premier League however, at least we know Fletcher can play in this league. He's great in the air too, something we're missing at the moment.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TrentVilla

Fletcher really isn't a target man.

Not in a traditional sense but he does do a lot of target man work. Wins the ball in the air, holds up play, lynchpin of attack, distributes the ball. Similar in the sense to the role Keane played last season.

The more i've been thinking about it the more I think we should go in for Fletcher. I was a big fan of his when he was at Burnley... I think he has something about him which could make him a brilliant Premier League striker. He's great in the air, has a great shot, and is also very composed. No complaints from me if we do make this signing... no matter what the cost.

To be honest if lambert thinks he will work in our squad then go for it. I would prefer Guidetti, but have 100% confidence in Lambert.

This

Happy with Fletcher, anyone who can score in that shower of shite must be ok. Not worried at 10 million, goals are priceless. As with everything else I am happy to trust in PL but definitely a reasonable buy I think.

Also think he would complement Bent very well actually

Â